Senior Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $115k - $300k
- 0.015% - 0.150%
- Ruby on Rails
Come help us build the future of software engineer hiring!
Triplebyte is on a mission to create a more just tech industry by fixing hiring for software engineers. This is important because millions of people have skills (and deserve good jobs), but don’t fit the profile that recruiters seek. We aim to cut out that noise by matching opportunities to people who have the skills to succeed in them - regardless of their background. Companies from stealth-startups to global brands source and hire engineers from Triplebyte.
Over the course of 2020, we've executed well on a major pivot in our business strategy amidst a global pandemic and economic recession. Now, we're emerging from the pandemic stronger than ever. We have plenty of runway, we've been outperforming on sales / renewals, and we're excited to ramp up on our favorite activity, hiring software engineers, again.
You can read more about our company and hear from our founders in the press here:
- Triplebyte raises $35M for its online coding test and credentialing service for hiring engineers
- Triplebyte incubates ColorStack to increase Black and Latinx representation in CS programs
- CNBC (Your Next Job Interview Could be with a Robot)
- Building an Engineering Team - Harj Taggar and Ammon Bartram
About the role
As both the user of our product and the engineer building it, you’ll be uniquely positioned to influence what that future looks like and where we’ll go from here. You'll have a major impact on the product and engineering culture and a lot of opportunity for personal growth on our relatively small but growing team of mission-driven engineers.
The Company Squad is focused on delivering a best-in-class experience for companies to find the right engineers for their jobs. If you’ve ever been on the other side of the table before, you’ll know that hiring is not only painful for candidates but also for companies. We’re trying to fix that. As a member of the team, you will be iterating quickly and getting direct feedback from the Revenue team to improve the company-side experience so that companies can more quickly find the right candidates for the role. Your impact will have a direct effect on our bottom line!
Examples of recent projects on the company squad:
- Triplebyte Lite - Lite is not only our big bet in a post-COVID world, but also in growing companies on our platform. Traditionally, Triplebyte was marketed to companies as Triplebyte Premium, a relatively more expensive subscription package. Lite turns that upside down with subscription prices under $100 / month, opening up new opportunities to connect Triplebyte with companies for whom Premium was out of reach.
- Triplebyte Screen - We recently opened up our renowned assessments for companies to use for free as part of their own screening process. Backed by extensive psychometric research, our assessments help hiring managers screen better and find the right candidates faster, reducing the number of interviews they have to do themselves.
- Improved ranking, filtering, and tagging - We’re constantly working on improving how we connect companies to the right candidates. Between improving ranking, adding new filters, and highlighting certain candidates with tags, the Company Squad cares deeply about marketplace balance and how to give every candidate an opportunity to be seen.
What you'll do
- Build new and exciting product features together with our product and design teams. Translate product specs into working features.
- Collaborate with other engineers, learning from them and mentoring them.
- Be excited to work in new areas and learn new things when needed.
- Elevate the status quo and push for higher development standards. Lead discussions about improving our processes and figuring out the best product ideas.
What you'll need to be successful
- Strong proficiency and demonstrated experience in developing modern web applications.
- Strong proficiency with these or analogous technologies: Rails, React, Redux, PostgreSQL, Redis, Heroku, AWS, Docker + more
- Proven track record of taking ownership of projects and initiatives end-to-end; ability to work across the stack and learn new skills as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment; has the good judgment to make explicit trade-offs about speed and quality when necessary.
- Ability to ingest complex project requirements and execute on them.
Bonus points if you:
- Are passionate about helping people find jobs and creating a more just software engineering hiring marketplace.
- Have a strong bias for action.
- Are an amazing communicator (esp. in a remote environment).
- Lead initiatives where you see a need exists.
- Guide and mentor others on your team and beyond.
- Are highly creative (we all are!).
Even if your experience doesn’t match all of the above requirements, we invite you to apply anyways! We recognize that talent comes in different forms. Our business is matching engineers with their next great opportunity, regardless of background, and we apply the same ethos to our internal hiring. We're looking for a team member with enthusiasm and the ability to do the job, not a perfect resume.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Open vacation policy
- Employer paid health, vision and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Daily catered lunches (when we're back in the office)
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants (in any aspect of employment, including, but not limited to recruiting and hiring, job assignment, compensation, opportunities for advancement, promotion, transfers, evaluation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination), on the basis of any characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Triplebyte is transforming the way software engineers are hired. Our mission is to build an open, valuable and skills-based credential for all engineers. This is important because millions of people have skills (and deserve good jobs), but don’t fit the profile that recruiters seek. We aim to cut out that noise by matching opportunities to people who have the skills to succeed in them - regardless of their background.
Companies like Apple, Facebook, Dropbox and American Express trust Triplebyte’s technical assessment to identify the best engineers for their open roles and reduce the time and effort it takes to hire them.
We raised a $35 million Series B and our team of 52 is growing.
We have a laid-back, friendly office culture. Over lunch you'll often find us discussing the latest in technology, books, and pop culture, and then maybe getting in a quick game of chess or babyfoot (foosball).
Since we're an early-stage company, we move fast, and it's important that each member of our team is able to take ownership of projects by defining problems, brainstorming solutions, and running experiments.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.