- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $115k - $150k
- 0.015% - 0.100%
- Ruby on Rails
Come help us build the future of software engineer hiring! Triplebyte is on a mission to create a more just tech industry by fixing hiring for software engineers. This is important because millions of people have skills (and deserve good jobs), but don’t fit the profile that recruiters seek. We aim to cut out that noise by matching opportunities to people who have the skills to succeed in them - regardless of their background. Companies from stealth-startups to global brands source and hire engineers from Triplebyte. Over the course of 2020, we've executed well on a major pivot in our business strategy amidst a global pandemic and economic recession. Now, we're emerging from the pandemic stronger than ever. We have plenty of runway, we've been outperforming on sales / renewals, and we're excited to ramp up on our favorite activity, hiring software engineers, again.'' We have an all star list of investors, some of which include: Garry Tan, Sam Altman, Paul Graham, Justin Kan, Drew Houston and Michael Seibel just to name a few. You can read more about our company and hear from our founders in the press here:
- Triplebyte raises $35M for its online coding test and credentialing service for hiring engineers
- Triplebyte incubates ColorStack to increase Black and Latinx representation in CS programs
- CNBC (Your Next Job Interview Could be with a Robot)
- Building an Engineering Team - Harj Taggar and Ammon Bartram
About the role
This is an opportunity to own a fast-growing company’s data architecture, collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams and drive growth of the product and business. This is a great role for a self-starter engineer who’s looking to take on a broad scope and drive large impact on their own.
What you'll do
- Own and progressively improve Triplebyte’s data and analytics infrastructure to empower
- Make data and analytics easily accessible to product and revenue teams to enable data-driven decision making
- Collaborate with multiple eng teams to set up event tracking and data models for new features / experiments
- Build data pipelines to enable eng teams to leverage data across the app to improve product effectiveness, user experience and user growth
- Help non-technical teams surface insights about product usage and usage behavior through ad-hoc analyses and/or dashboards
What you'll need to be successful
- 2+ years of data engineering or backend engineering experience
- Experience setting up and/or revamping large parts of data infrastructure for a high growth tech company
- Experience working with Data Warehouses (Redshift, Snowflake etc.), Customer Data Management (e.g. Segment), ETL and Analytics tools
- Experience owning product analytics, including defining tracking and metrics, setting up and analyzing A/B tests
- Able to understand technical details and communicate with other engineers, as well as communicating with less technical members from other teams
- Self-starter attitude to continuously surfacing opportunities for improvement and a bias for action to address these opportunities
Bonus points if you:
- Are passionate about helping people find jobs and creating a more just software engineering hiring marketplace.
- Have a strong bias for action.
- Are an amazing communicator (esp. in a remote environment).
- Lead initiatives where you see a need exists.
- Guide and mentor others on your team and beyond.
- Are highly creative (we all are!).
Even if your experience doesn’t match all of the above requirements, we invite you to apply anyway. We recognize that talent comes in different forms. Our business is matching engineers with their next great opportunity, regardless of background. We apply the same ethos to our internal hiring. We're looking for a team member with enthusiasm and the ability to do the job, not a perfect resume.
Compensation and Benefits for full time employees
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Open vacation policy
- Employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Daily catered lunches
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants (in any aspect of employment, including, but not limited to recruiting and hiring, job assignment, compensation, opportunities for advancement, promotion, transfers, evaluation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination), on the basis of any characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Triplebyte is transforming the way software engineers are hired. Our mission is to build an open, valuable and skills-based credential for all engineers. This is important because millions of people have skills (and deserve good jobs), but don’t fit the profile that recruiters seek. We aim to cut out that noise by matching opportunities to people who have the skills to succeed in them - regardless of their background.
Companies like Apple, Facebook, Dropbox and American Express trust Triplebyte’s technical assessment to identify the best engineers for their open roles and reduce the time and effort it takes to hire them.
We raised a $35 million Series B and our team of 52 is growing.
We have a laid-back, friendly office culture. Over lunch you'll often find us discussing the latest in technology, books, and pop culture, and then maybe getting in a quick game of chess or babyfoot (foosball).
Since we're an early-stage company, we move fast, and it's important that each member of our team is able to take ownership of projects by defining problems, brainstorming solutions, and running experiments.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.