Software Engineer, Machine Learning
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $100k - $175k
- 1.0% - 2.0%
- Google Cloud
- Apache Spark
Data Science is at the core of TRM's mission to build a safer financial system for billions of people. To achieve such goal, the Data Science team relies on a diverse set of structured and unstructured data to design, build, and support machine learning models to detect and prevent fraud and financial crime in cryptocurrencies and digital assets. As our platform grows, the Data Science team will be building a scalable foundation to propel our impact and product forward.
As a Machine Learning Engineer at TRM Labs, you will collaborate with an experienced team of engineers, data scientists, and product managers to build scalable systems to detect, prevent, and mitigate cryptocurrency fraud and financial crime. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of building highly available and real-time risk detection services to understand the ever evolving attack vectors in crypto and to build a safer financial system for billions of people.
Your Responsibilities will include
- Build machine learning system to detect high-risk activities like money laundering, terrorist financing, human trafficking, account takeovers, and credit card fraud. This will consist of feature engineering / storage, deep learning training pipelines, offline evaluation systems, and online serving infrastructure.
- Push the boundary of natural language processing (NLP) technologies and combine artificial and human intelligence to extract illicit activity on the DarkWeb, Social Media Platforms, and other forums.
- Working cross-functionally with engineering and data science teams to define and expand labels for model training, productionize real-time machine learning models, and conduct independent research projects to drive our innovation forward
- Developing your skills through exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues
About TRM Labs
At TRM, we are pioneering infrastructure to make the financial system more fair and accessible. Just as Google rose to prominence by organizing the Internet, TRM is indexing and analyzing blockchain data to make it accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Our first product is an ML-driven analytics platform that helps cryptocurrency financial institutions detect suspicious activity like money laundering and market manipulation.
We continuously improve. Regular feedback sessions and professional coaching for all team members.
We care for each other and our community. Comprehensive health plans, personal time off, and paid volunteer time off.
We are hungry to do work that matters. We see blockchain as a technology that will impact human society at the scale of the Internet. We are committed to make our contribution count.
We hustle. Extreme autonomy, ownership, and accountability. We move fast and get things done.
We play. When not shipping product, you’ll find us biking through SF, dancing (Rahul is a ballroom dancer), or exploring the outdoors (Esteban is a whitewater kayaking instructor).
- Google Cloud
- Apache Spark
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.