- Tampa, FL, United States
Senior Ruby Developer
TrustLayer is a venture-backed B2B SaaS company that reduces friction and builds trust between businesses. We allow users to automate the verification of insurance, licenses, and compliance docs of their business partners (i.e., vendors, subcontractors, suppliers, borrowers, tenants...).
You will team up with an outstanding engineering team. You will develop excellent technical knowledge and have a passion for learning about and evangelizing cloud-driven risk management technology.
TrustLayer welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving.
Day In The Life:
- Developing, maintaining, and testing APIs
- Integrating our platform with multiple service providers
- Writing microservices
- Creating data pipelines
- Creating thorough documentation
- Highly knowledgeable and skilled in Ruby development
- Familiar with Redis and MongoDB
- Experience working with queue systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- High attention to detail
- Well spoken and written with the English language
- Working well independently and collaboratively
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Empathetic, patient, and focused on accountability
Are A Plus:
- Insurance and/or insure-tech industry experience
- Previously having developed SaaS products
- Experience working for successful software startups
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock options
- Partial remote work options available
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Paid sick leave/bereavement
- Opportunities for advancement and professional development
- Continuous team events and individual rewards
TrustLayer is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. TrustLayer will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At TrustLayer, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
The Problem: Nearly every business relationship requires one, or both, parties to prove they have specific insurance coverage and licenses. This process happens millions of times per year and is done via paper/pdfs.
Solution: TrustLayer has built a collaborative risk management application that can reduce friction between millions of business. We allow users to automate the verification of insurance, licenses, and compliance docs of their business partners (i.e., vendors, subcontractors, suppliers, borrowers, tenants,...). Now companies can automatically verify the insurance and licenses of their vendors/suppliers/borrowers/tenants. This product is live @ app.trustlayer.io.
The Big Opportunity: The biggest insurance association in the world is investing heavily into a new data standard. TrustLayer was selected by the members of this organization to build a platform to verify coverage in real time. As easily as you can connect your bank account to your Brex or Venmo account, with TrustLayer, you will be able to connect your insurance account to prove insurance in real time.
The TAM: Every construction subcontractor for every project, every facilities management company, every equipment leasing contract, all home mortgages, all auto loans, etc. While we are starting with insurance, our subscription model opens the door to numerous additional revenue streams, and new industries, down the road.
We are an earlier stage startup with a lot of traction. People here are friendly and very driven. If you like working with smart people on an application with global reach and a lot of traction, this is a good fit for you.
For staff in the U.S. we offer solid perks, including fully paid health insurance and 401k contributions.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.