- $120k - $180k
- 0.1% - 0.3%
As a foundational member of our engineering team, you'll be involved in end-to-end development on features across our web product, from ideation to architecture, all the way to deployment. We have a frequent cadence of shipping new features and a close connection to our market. As one of our first engineers, you'll also shape how the team grows and works together.
You'll have to be willing to get your hands dirty with (and learn) everything across the stack: API design, front-end, back-end, data engineering, algorithms, startup engineering, analytics, bug reporting, etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 2+ years of experience building web products, ideally across the stack
- Clean simple code, even when solving complex problems
- Strong sense of UX
- Good systems design
- Ability to learn new tech quickly
Python 3, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, Flask, Heroku, Redis, AWS
- Use NLP techniques to understand when a section of building codes applies, based on the building characteristics
- Create a tool that allows experts to write formulas to identify when a building code section applies for a user's building, so we can help them find relevant information
- Create Rap Genius-style annotations on sections of building code, to create a more interactive user experience
- Write algorithms to detect and display how versions of a building code have changed through time, so users understand how regulations how evolved
UpCodes is changing the way construction happens by bringing modern technology to the historically inefficient, slow, and error-prone process of obtaining government building approval. $1.3T is spent yearly on construction, including everything from your apartment to the airport you fly out of. Every cent of it flows through an analog process still largely relying on books, manual calculations, and paper submissions. Our SaaS platform enables industry professionals to find, understand, and apply building codes to avoid delays and costly mistakes.
We value folks who are nice, scrappy, and ambitious. We work hard, but also have lives outside work (for example, we discourage checking email while not at the office.) In terms of engineering, we like keeping the code simple, even with the complex problems we're solving. We're fairly unstructured and believe people tend to gravitate towards what they're good at.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.