As a foundational member of our engineering team, you'll be involved in end-to-end development on features across our web product.
We have a frequent cadence of shipping new features and a close connection to our market. With 500k monthly active users spending hundreds of thousands of hours on the platform, each contribution and feature you ship will have a meaningful impact for the users.
Since we're a startup, you'll have to be willing to get your hands dirty with (and learn) everything across the stack: API design, devops, frontend, data engineering, algorithms, startup engineering, analytics, etc. You'll also mentor junior software engineers.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 8+ years of experience building web apps
- Clean simple code, even when solving complex problems
- Good systems design and architecture knowledge
- Good knowledge of the software life cycle, including code reviews, testing, team organization
- Ability to balance business concerns with engineering considerations
- Ability to learn new tech quickly
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Experience interacting with multiple stakeholders
Python, PostgreSQL, Flask, Redis, TypeScript, React, Next.js, Tailwind, AWS, Kubernetes, Prometheus
- Craft plan to measure and improve our search engine
- Improve and migrate our data model for the content we host
- Redesign our custom internal CMS for the laws we host
- Help design interviews for a new engineering role and conduct phone screens
- Implement developer tools to help with code quality
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $165k-$195k base + equity
UpCodes is changing the way construction happens by bringing modern technology to the historically inefficient, slow, and error-prone process of obtaining government building approval. $1.3T is spent yearly on construction, including everything from your apartment to the airport you fly out of. Every cent of it flows through an analog process still largely relying on books, manual calculations, and paper submissions. Our SaaS platform enables industry professionals to find, understand, and apply building codes to avoid delays and costly mistakes.
We value folks who are nice, scrappy, and ambitious. We work hard, but also have lives outside work (for example, we discourage checking email while not at the office.) In terms of engineering, we like keeping the code simple, even with the complex problems we're solving. We're fairly unstructured and believe people tend to gravitate towards what they're good at.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.