As a foundational member of our engineering team, you'll be involved in end-to-end development on features across our web product. We have a frequent cadence of shipping new features and a close connection to our market.
You'll have to be willing to get your hands dirty with (and learn) everything across the stack: API design, frontend, backend, data engineering, algorithms, startup engineering, analytics, etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 3+ years of experience building web products, ideally across the stack
- Clean simple code, even when solving complex problems
- Strong sense of UX
- Good systems design
- Ability to learn new tech quickly
Python, PostgreSQL, Flask, Redis, TypeScript, React, Next.js, Tailwind, AWS, Kubernetes
- Create a tool that allows experts to write formulas to identify when a building code section applies for a user's building, so we can help them find relevant information
- Create Rap Genius-style annotations on sections of building code, to create a more interactive user experience
- Write algorithms to detect and display how versions of a code have changed through time, so users understand how regulations have evolved
- Help migrate to React/Next on the frontend
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $130k-$165k base + equity
UpCodes is changing the way construction happens by bringing modern technology to the historically inefficient, slow, and error-prone process of obtaining government building approval. $1.3T is spent yearly on construction, including everything from your apartment to the airport you fly out of. Every cent of it flows through an analog process still largely relying on books, manual calculations, and paper submissions. Our SaaS platform enables industry professionals to find, understand, and apply building codes to avoid delays and costly mistakes.
We value folks who are nice, scrappy, and ambitious. We work hard, but also have lives outside work (for example, we discourage checking email while not at the office.) In terms of engineering, we like keeping the code simple, even with the complex problems we're solving. We're fairly unstructured and believe people tend to gravitate towards what they're good at.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.