Senior DevOps Engineer
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Columbus, OH, United States
- San Mateo, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
Upstart is a leading AI lending platform partnering with banks to expand access to affordable credit. Forbes recently ranked Upstart #12 on its list of
most promising AI companies in America. Inc. Magazine also recognized Upstart as one of the Best Workplaces for 2020.
By leveraging Upstart's AI platform, Upstart-powered banks can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart's patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart is based in San Mateo, California and Columbus, Ohio.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
As a DevOps Engineer, you will own the deployment and operation of our production systems, and potentially build out a team in the coming months. You’ll own and develop our AWS infrastructure, including high-compliance services on AWS. You’ll also lead the way in building tooling and automation to monitor the health of our infrastructure and create a productive environment for other engineers. You’ll have wide latitude in technology options and define our strategy for technology operations risk mitigation, which includes disaster planning and on-call procedures, and will report directly to our Head of DevOps.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in a DevOps/SRE role, preferably at a startup using AWS,
- Good knowledge of fundamental AWS building blocks (EC2, S3, RDS, IAM, VPC, CloudFormation),
- Experience in setting up and working with AWS security structures using Bastion Hosts, security groups, VPCs, etc.,
- Experience working in high-security / high-compliance environments, such as finance or healthcare,
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet),
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes/Openshift,
- Relevant programming skills to set yourself up for success (bash scripting, Python),
- Ability to define high-level strategy for operations monitoring and risk mitigation, and
- Drive for interacting with a wide variety of teams and people to move the company as a whole forward.
What you’ll love:
- Competitive compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Personal development and technology & ergonomic budgets
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Clubs and activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club and Basketball teams)
- Generous vacation policy
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.
About Upstart Network, Inc.
Upstart is a profitable Series D start-up founded by ex-Googlers with an amazing leadership and advisory team: https://www.upstart.com/about#team. We are the first consumer lending platform to use machine learning to price credit and automate the borrowing process. We've originated over $5.5B in loans (huge milestone!) and have some exciting new revenue streams and projects in the works. We are currently recruiting for more stakeholder engineers to join our Engineering Team and aid our exponential growth.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.