- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
Upstart is founded on the notion that AI and alternative data can help drive better decision making in lending. As a data engineer, you will work on providing the infrastructure for data scientists and business stakeholders to leverage data to make good decisions. This is paramount to accomplishing our mission of enabling effortless credit based on true risk.
We're looking for curious and humble team members driven by a desire to move quickly and build robust systems that improve people's lives. In this role you will enjoy significant autonomy and will have a clear understanding of how your efforts are important to Upstart's continued success.
Python, Kafka, Avro, Spark, Kubernetes, Docker, Postgres, Redshift, Looker, Bash, Airflow
- Implement streaming and batch ETL pipelines supporting both internal and external data sources.
- Code for reliability by leveraging unit tests, integration tests, and robust alerting.
- Partner with business stakeholders to meet their data requirements.
- Maintain and expand our data warehouse (Redshift) and the business intelligence layer (Looker) sitting on top of it.
- Participate in code reviews and provide production support for all DE processes.
- Have 2+ year(s) of experience as a Data Engineer or Software Engineer.
- Have experience working with Python and SQL.
- Have experience with version control (git), issue tracking (jira), code reviews, and agile development.
- Are adaptable, curious, and have a compulsive need to impose order upon chaos.
Then we'd love to hear from you!
About Upstart Network, Inc.
Upstart is a leading AI lending platform partnering with banks to expand access to affordable credit. Forbes recently ranked Upstart #12 on its list of
most promising AI companies in America. Inc. Magazine also recognized Upstart as one of the Best Workplaces for 2020.
By leveraging Upstart's AI platform, Upstart-powered banks can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart's patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart is based in San Mateo, California and Columbus, Ohio.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
We live by our Core Values:
Every second counts
Do the right thing even when it's hard
Make clever use of numbers
Be smart and know you might be wrong
Don't assume it can't be done
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.