- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
Here at Upstart, we’re on a mission to reinvent lending. Our proprietary algorithm predicts income potential and default rates more accurately than traditional data alone. By considering more than just credit scores, our lending platform is helping thousands of people on their way to a better financial future.
We’re looking for curious and humble team members driven by a desire to move quickly and build robust systems that improve people’s lives. You'll enjoy significant autonomy in architecting systems, writing algorithms, and crafting elegant user interfaces. You'll also get the chance to solve challenges with interesting engineering constraints, work in a distributed system, and work side by side with data scientists.
- Work within all areas of the platform from our web interfaces and 3rd party API integrations to backend business logic
- Move quickly to drive both existing and greenfield projects forward, while always keeping our end users in mind
- Make architectural contributions and decisions to improve the reliability of our software and maintainability of our code base
- Help us build our engineering team and make Upstart a genuinely awesome place to work
- Have worked with full stack web applications for at least 7 years professionally
- Have a solid understanding of SQL databases and domain modeling
- Get jazzed when presented with a challenging problem to solve
- Enjoy succeeding as part of a team
- Are happiest when you’re able to pivot between heads down solo work and collaborative sessions with your teammates
Then we’d love to hear from you!
About Upstart Network, Inc.
Upstart is a leading AI lending platform partnering with banks to expand access to affordable credit. Forbes recently ranked Upstart #12 on its list of
most promising AI companies in America. Inc. Magazine also recognized Upstart as one of the Best Workplaces for 2020.
By leveraging Upstart's AI platform, Upstart-powered banks can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart's patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart is based in San Mateo, California and Columbus, Ohio.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
We live by our Core Values:
Every second counts
Do the right thing even when it's hard
Make clever use of numbers
Be smart and know you might be wrong
Don't assume it can't be done
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.