- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
Our data science team consists of full-stack generalists as well as specialists in statistical modeling or machine learning. Because our challenges are so new, Data Scientists at Upstart need strong creative problem-solving skills and the technical background to implement solutions. Our research environment affords team members the opportunity to utilize a variety of statistical and machine learning methods with the freedom and encouragement to pursue alternative approaches to solving problems.
What You’ll Bring
- Strong academic credentials with a master's degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or other quantitative areas of study; Ph.D. preferred
- 3+ years relevant experience with detailed understanding of building good technical solutions; ability to convert ideas into testable hypotheses and/or next steps
- Programming skills in Python and/or R
- Full-stack expertise with all steps of the modeling process from ideation to productionalizing code; OR deep expertise in either statistical modeling or machine learning
- Knowledge of machine learning, pipelines and engineering architecture helpful
- Interest in growing in technical and/or people leadership is a plus
- Enthusiasm for and alignment with Upstart’s mission and values
- Strong sense of intellectual curiosity balanced with humility, drive and teamwork
- Numerically-savvy and smart with ability to operate at a speedy pace
Whether developing new products or identifying novel approaches to core models, we are continuously seeking the next big ideas to move our business forward. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we would love to hear from you. Please apply now for prompt and confidential consideration.
About Upstart Network, Inc.
Upstart is a profitable Series D start-up founded by ex-Googlers with an amazing leadership and advisory team: https://www.upstart.com/about#team. We are the first consumer lending platform to use machine learning to price credit and automate the borrowing process. We've originated over $5.5B in loans (huge milestone!) and have some exciting new revenue streams and projects in the works. We are currently recruiting for more stakeholder engineers to join our Engineering Team and aid our exponential growth.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.