- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
Here at Upstart, we’re on a mission to reinvent lending by enabling effortless credit based on true risk. Our proprietary algorithm predicts income potential and default rates more accurately than traditional data alone. By considering more than just credit scores, our lending platform is helping thousands of people on their way to a better financial future.
We’re looking for curious and ambitious engineers to join a new growth engineering squad focused on bringing more borrowers onto the Upstart platform and ultimately accelerate the company’s pace of learning. A data driven approach, penchant for rapid experimentation, and desire to work closely with our marketing, product and design teams are a must for this squad. You'll enjoy significant autonomy while making a meaningful impact by digging through data to uncover product insights, designing and implementing A/B tests and executing broader growth platform improvements.
- Build, ship and maintain product features and platform improvements on a regular basis to support a wide range of acquisition channels and funnel conversion strategies.
- Analyze data to uncover product insights, design and implement A/B tests and incorporate learnings into new experiments and features.
- Apply software engineering best practices to increase the reliability of our software and maintainability of our code base.
- Help us build our engineering team and make Upstart a genuinely awesome place to work.
- Have 2+ years of software development experience.
- Have strong product and user experience intuition and a passion for understanding what drives successful products and brainstorming creative product ideas to increase growth.
- Enjoy cross-functional collaboration and driving technical and product initiatives across multiple layers of architecture.
- Are familiar with A/B testing or have worked in a fast-paced highly iterative product environment.
- Are motivated by building projects that have a direct and measurable impact on core business metrics.
Then we’d love to hear from you!
About Upstart Network, Inc.
Upstart is a leading AI lending platform partnering with banks to expand access to affordable credit. Forbes recently ranked Upstart #12 on its list of
most promising AI companies in America. Inc. Magazine also recognized Upstart as one of the Best Workplaces for 2020.
By leveraging Upstart's AI platform, Upstart-powered banks can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart's patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart is based in San Mateo, California and Columbus, Ohio.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
We live by our Core Values:
Every second counts
Do the right thing even when it's hard
Make clever use of numbers
Be smart and know you might be wrong
Don't assume it can't be done
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.