Senior Software Engineer - Model Engineering
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- San Mateo, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
Upstart is the leading AI lending platform partnering with banks to expand access to affordable credit. Forbes recently ranked Upstart #12 on its list of
most promising AI companies in America. By leveraging Upstart's AI platform, Upstart-powered banks can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart's patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart is based in San Mateo, California and Columbus, Ohio.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
Our core competitive advantage lies in the fact that we’re able to innovate on our AI engine quickly. We’re looking for a senior software engineer to join a new team focused on enabling our data scientists to move faster with respect to model training, testing, and deployment.
- Develop the scaffolding that allows data scientists to integrate models into production services and expose APIs to allow other services to leverage them
- Enable rapid experimentation and feedback loops in our model serving code so that we have an ability to continuously improve
- Build, maintain, and monitor high-quality software applications that enable data science models to be applied to the ever-evolving needs of the business
- Work collaboratively with data scientists, data engineers, & devops to ensure that model training and deployment is a repeatable process that relies heavily on robots (not humans)
- Have 8+ years software engineering experience,
- Are comfortable with containers, continuous integration, and kubernetes,
- Are experienced with some or many of the following: python (flask/django), ruby on rails, scikit-learn, interactive notebooks (jupyter/zeppelin), apache spark, kafka, and AWS
- Enjoy working at the intersection of engineering and data science,
- Want to be part of a dynamic and fast paced startup where data science is one of the core drivers to business success
Then we’d love to hear from you!
Upstart is a profitable Series D start-up founded by ex-Googlers with an amazing leadership and advisory team: https://www.upstart.com/about#team. We are the first consumer lending platform to use machine learning to price credit and automate the borrowing process. We've originated over $5.5B in loans (huge milestone!) and have some exciting new revenue streams and projects in the works. We are currently recruiting for more stakeholder engineers to join our Engineering Team and aid our exponential growth.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.