- Silicon Valley (Redwood City to San Jose)
- Ruby on Rails
Upstart is founded on the notion that AI and alternative data can help drive better decision making in lending. As a data engineer, you will work on providing the infrastructure for data scientists and business stakeholders to leverage data to make good decisions. This is paramount to accomplishing our mission of enabling effortless credit based on true risk.
We're looking for curious and humble team members driven by a desire to move quickly and build robust systems that improve people's lives. In this role you will enjoy significant autonomy and will have a clear understanding of how your efforts are important to Upstart's continued success.
Python, Kafka, Avro, Spark, Kubernetes, Docker, Postgres, Redshift, Looker, Bash, Airflow
- Implement streaming and batch ETL pipelines supporting both internal and external data sources.
- Code for reliability by leveraging unit tests, integration tests, and robust alerting.
- Partner with business stakeholders to meet their data requirements.
- Maintain and expand our data warehouse (Redshift) and the business intelligence layer (Looker) sitting on top of it.
- Participate in code reviews and provide production support for all DE processes.
- Have 2+ year(s) of experience as a Data Engineer or Software Engineer.
- Have experience working with Python and SQL.
- Have experience with version control (git), issue tracking (jira), code reviews, and agile development.
- Are adaptable, curious, and have a compulsive need to impose order upon chaos.
Then we'd love to hear from you!
Upstart is a profitable Series D start-up founded by ex-Googlers with an amazing leadership and advisory team: https://www.upstart.com/about#team. We are the first consumer lending platform to use machine learning to price credit and automate the borrowing process. We've originated over $5.5B in loans (huge milestone!) and have some exciting new revenue streams and projects in the works. We are currently recruiting for more stakeholder engineers to join our Engineering Team and aid our exponential growth.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.