- Silicon Valley (Redwood City to San Jose)
- Ruby on Rails
Here at Upstart, we’re on a mission to reinvent lending. Our proprietary algorithm predicts income potential and default rates more accurately than traditional data alone. By considering more than just credit scores, our lending platform is helping thousands of people on their way to a better financial future.
We’re looking for curious and humble team members driven by a desire to move quickly and build robust systems that improve people’s lives. You'll enjoy significant autonomy in architecting systems, writing algorithms, and crafting elegant user interfaces. You'll also get the chance to solve challenges with interesting engineering constraints, work in a distributed system, and work side by side with data scientists.
- Work within all areas of the platform from our web interfaces and 3rd party API integrations to backend business logic
- Move quickly to drive both existing and greenfield projects forward, while always keeping our end users in mind
- Make architectural contributions and decisions to improve the reliability of our software and maintainability of our code base
- Help us build our engineering team and make Upstart a genuinely awesome place to work
- Have worked with full stack web applications for at least 7 years professionally
- Have a solid understanding of SQL databases and domain modeling
- Get jazzed when presented with a challenging problem to solve
- Enjoy succeeding as part of a team
- Are happiest when you’re able to pivot between heads down solo work and collaborative sessions with your teammates
Then we’d love to hear from you!
Upstart is a profitable Series D start-up founded by ex-Googlers with an amazing leadership and advisory team: https://www.upstart.com/about#team. We are the first consumer lending platform to use machine learning to price credit and automate the borrowing process. We've originated over $5.5B in loans (huge milestone!) and have some exciting new revenue streams and projects in the works. We are currently recruiting for more stakeholder engineers to join our Engineering Team and aid our exponential growth.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.