Full Stack Software Engineer
- Silicon Valley (Redwood City to San Jose)
- Ruby on Rails
Here at Upstart, we’re on a mission to reinvent lending. Our proprietary algorithm predicts income potential and default rates more accurately than traditional data alone. By considering more than just credit scores, our lending platform is helping thousands of people on their way to a better financial future.
We’re looking for curious and humble team members driven by a desire to move quickly and build robust systems that improve people’s lives. You'll enjoy significant autonomy while making a meaningful impact with creative and innovative technical solutions, writing algorithms, and crafting elegant user interfaces. You will be solving challenges with interesting engineering constraints and building complex features quickly to meet the growing demands of our unique role in the fintech ecosystem.
- Contribute to various parts of the tech stack, from frontend to backend to database.
- Architect 3rd party API integrations to backend business logic.
- Build beautiful and modern user interfaces that will dazzle our users.
- Apply software engineering practices to increase the reliability of our software and maintainability of our code base.
- Help us build our engineering team and make Upstart a genuinely awesome place to work.
- Have 2+ years of software development experience.
- Have a solid understanding of SQL databases and domain modeling.
- Are equally eager to build exciting product features and solve hard engineering challenges.
- Enjoy succeeding as part of a team.
Then we’d love to hear from you!
Upstart is a profitable Series D start-up founded by ex-Googlers with an amazing leadership and advisory team: https://www.upstart.com/about#team. We are the first consumer lending platform to use machine learning to price credit and automate the borrowing process. We've originated over $5.5B in loans (huge milestone!) and have some exciting new revenue streams and projects in the works. We are currently recruiting for more stakeholder engineers to join our Engineering Team and aid our exponential growth.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.