- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
Here at Upstart, we’re on a mission to reinvent lending by enabling effortless credit based on true risk. Our proprietary algorithm predicts income potential and default rates more accurately than traditional data alone. By considering more than just credit scores, our lending platform is helping thousands of people on their way to a better financial future.
We’re looking for curious and ambitious engineers to join a new growth engineering squad focused on bringing more borrowers onto the Upstart platform and ultimately accelerate the company’s pace of learning. A data driven approach, penchant for rapid experimentation, and desire to work closely with our marketing, product and design teams are a must for this squad. You'll enjoy significant autonomy while making a meaningful impact by digging through data to uncover product insights, designing and implementing A/B tests and executing broader growth platform improvements.
- Build, ship and maintain product features and platform improvements on a regular basis to support a wide range of acquisition channels and funnel conversion strategies.
- Analyze data to uncover product insights, design and implement A/B tests and incorporate learnings into new experiments and features.
- Apply software engineering best practices to increase the reliability of our software and maintainability of our code base.
- Help us build our engineering team and make Upstart a genuinely awesome place to work.
- Have 2+ years of software development experience.
- Have strong product and user experience intuition and a passion for understanding what drives successful products and brainstorming creative product ideas to increase growth.
- Enjoy cross-functional collaboration and driving technical and product initiatives across multiple layers of architecture.
- Are familiar with A/B testing or have worked in a fast-paced highly iterative product environment.
- Are motivated by building projects that have a direct and measurable impact on core business metrics.
Then we’d love to hear from you!
Upstart is a profitable Series D start-up founded by ex-Googlers with an amazing leadership and advisory team: https://www.upstart.com/about#team. We are the first consumer lending platform to use machine learning to price credit and automate the borrowing process. We've originated over $5.5B in loans (huge milestone!) and have some exciting new revenue streams and projects in the works. We are currently recruiting for more stakeholder engineers to join our Engineering Team and aid our exponential growth.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.