- Silicon Valley (Redwood City to San Jose)
- Ruby on Rails
Upstart is founded on the notion that AI and alternative data can help drive better decision making in lending. As a data engineer, you will work on providing the infrastructure for data scientists and business stakeholders to leverage data to make good decisions. This is paramount to accomplishing our mission of enabling effortless credit based on true risk.
We're looking for curious and humble team members driven by a desire to move quickly and build robust systems that improve people's lives. In this role you will enjoy significant autonomy and will have a clear understanding of how your efforts are important to Upstart's continued success.
Python, SQL, Postgres, Redshift, Looker, Spark
- Architect our data warehouse (Redshift) and the business intelligence layer (Looker) sitting on top of it.
- Proactively identify and partner with engineering to fix/prevent data consistency issues.
- Advocate for best practices related to data lineage, metadata repositories, data dictionaries, and data visualization.
- Partner with business stakeholders throughout the organization to understand and meet their evolving data requirements.
- Provide guidance/mentorship to junior data engineers via code reviews and during system design.
- Provide production support for all DE processes and tier 2 support on our production data stores.
- Have 5+ year(s) of experience as a Data Engineer.
- Are fluent with advanced SQL concepts, OOP concepts, columnar data stores, and data modeling.
- Have experience with optimizing queries/databases, locking, and database production support.
- Have experience working with internal stakeholders to define and iterate on requirements.
- Have experience delivering on requirements in an agile environment.
- Have experience with Python.
Then we'd love to hear from you!
Upstart is a profitable Series D start-up founded by ex-Googlers with an amazing leadership and advisory team: https://www.upstart.com/about#team. We are the first consumer lending platform to use machine learning to price credit and automate the borrowing process. We've originated over $5.5B in loans (huge milestone!) and have some exciting new revenue streams and projects in the works. We are currently recruiting for more stakeholder engineers to join our Engineering Team and aid our exponential growth.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.