Founded by fintech executives from Capital One, Goldman Sachs and Salary Finance and backed by Foundation Capital and Costanoa, Upward is building a better way for people to manage their finances. It enables them to manage their bills and expenses automatically, helping customers avoid fees and access better credit options. We will partner with lenders who will benefit greatly from better repayment rates, and who will encourage their customers to pay their bills through Upward.
What you’ll be doing
We’re seeking a Backend Engineer to build the infrastructure that powers Upward’s API and systems. You may be a fit if you are passionate about the intersection of hard distributed systems problems and real world business problems.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Upward’s engineering stack
- Shaping the technical foundation for future new products, sustained growth, and high availability standards.
- Deliver architecture and data environment that supports a test and learn approach to business problems
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Thinking 2, 3, and 4 steps ahead and planning for both the short and long term
What we are looking for
- At least five years of professional software development experience
- Enjoy and have experience building scalable backend infrastructure
- Experience building high-quality, developer-centric API products
- Experience working with transactional databases and caching systems
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Experience working in a startup environment is an added plus
Technologies we use:
Golang, Docker, Amazon Web Services, Typescript / React, Terraform
Working at Upward Finance
- Upward is an early-stage company, so everyone is an individual contributor
- We are light on meetings and leave your calendar open to build this digital payments platform
- We’re excited about the varied backgrounds and expertise team members bring and create space for ideas from everyone
- Our backgrounds are in lending, but we are excited to build payments that can serve all billers
Upward is a diverse and inclusive company committed to growing a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences.
About Upward Financials
We're building a payments network that enables consumers to pay recurring bills directly from payroll direct deposits and get access to better credit.
Upward is open. We understand that the only way we will create a world-class product is by building a world-class team. The culture is designed to get the best of everyone- their work, thoughts, opinions, and teamwork. Every employee impacts the product AND the culture, because we ask, listen, and seek to understand the ideas and inputs from the entire team.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.