- New York, NY, United States
- $100k - $140k
- 0.0% - 1.0%
Avenue is hiring software engineers to help scale the next generation of ops-driven companies.
Avenue's mission is to help scale the next generation of ops-driven companies. We're building an observability platform for ops teams (think Sentry/PagerDuty but for ops).
We're a team of builders with experience at Uber, Amazon, Google, Bridgewater and Apple and are looking for new members who love building product, want to work hard, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a fast-growing team.
We're a seed-stage NYC-based company backed by Y Combinator, Accel, Elad Gil, Lachy Groom, and other great partners.
- As an early team member, you will get a chance to set the foundations of our engineering culture. You will help articulate our engineering principles and help set the long-term roadmap.
- You're comfortable writing well-tested code that will send thousands of critical alerts and incidents every week.
What You'll Do
- Build a generalized engine that processes alerts and manages the creation of incidents (the entire lifecycle from alerts firing to triage, assignment, escalation, and ultimately resolution)
- Build deep Slack integrations to let customers handle alerts and incidents directly in their workspace.
- Build out new features in our React/Next.js web app, from concept through to production.
- Add observability, monitoring, and built-in redundancy into our system to make our system reliable (think 99.999% uptime or better)
Avenue is building the command center for operations. We're on a mission to scale the next generation of ops-driven companies. Our customers trust Avenue to monitor and activate their teams, and we work tirelessly to build great products that do just that.
We believe operators are the glue between the product that companies build and the actual service they deliver. Ops teams are thrown into messy, loosely-defined problems and act as front-line firefighters. The tools that exist to manage their work are either reactive, inflexible, or stale. They resolve to rotating schedules of dashboard-sweeps to catch important moments and reference poorly-maintained Google Docs for process management.
We're a hard-working and passionate team with experience at Uber, Amazon, Google, Bridgewater and Apple and are looking for new members who love building product, want to work hard, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of our organization.
Our culture is reflected in the way we work and think. We value engineers who:
• Are Product-minded.
You have a sense for great user experience and feel for when something is off. You love talking to customers and building for them.
• Get a lot done.
You enjoy all aspects of building a product and are comfortable moving across the stack when necessary. You problem solve independently and enjoy figuring stuff out.
• Have High conviction.
When you commit to something, you're in all the way. You're opinionated, but you know when to disagree and commit. Mediocrity is the worst of all possible outcomes.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.