- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager with leadership experience to build the next generation of digital experiences for businesses. The ideal candidate will have experience successfully and consistently delivering high-quality software on-time, as well as guiding individual contributors to grow in their careers. This person will work closely with other Engineering Managers to build and iterate on best-practices for performance management, career development, and hiring practices.
The ideal candidate will be
- Passionate about technology and equally passionate about working with people
- Hands-on building software daily
- Comfortable working with individuals in a player-coach environment
Responsibilities and skills include
- Balancing management and individual contributor workload (40% management, 60% individual contributor)
- Identifying high leveraged opportunities that help individuals have greater impact through collaboration with other engineers, product, and design
- Influencing, inspiring, and motivating individuals to achieve their goals with a servant-leader mindset
- Communicating, collaborating, and facilitating across teams and functions to drive excellence
- Career development and performance management for a colocated and distributed team of individual contributors
- Leading by example best practices for code quality, maintainability, and scalability
- Writing software and tools for our customer-facing platform, tester panel distribution systems, video playback tools, and mobile device recording capabilities
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement & streamlining management and other key activities
Education and Experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- Customer-centered desire to solve hard technical problems with simple solutions
- Passion for engineering practices such as TDD, CI, continuous deployment, pair programming, and design/code reviews
- Experience with a variety of JS frameworks such as modern Angular
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, facilitation, and conflict resolution.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
About Usertesting, Inc.
See, hear and talk to your customers as they engage with your products, apps and messaging. Build better experiences and make more informed decisions by putting the customer at the center of your business.
Our values: Customers First, Own Results, Be Kind, Get Better, Keep it Simple. We also value work/life balance and how we work (when and where).
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.