- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
You will play a key role in our product evolution, duties include:
- Work closely with product and design to discover and build solutions that help our customers build great user experiences
- Collaborate with engineers who are both remote and co-located in our Mountain View, San Francisco, and Atlanta offices
- Work effectively within a team environment, to regularly solicit and act on feedback, focus on root causes, and continually strive to improve
- Enhance our customer-facing platform, tester panel distribution systems, video playback tools, and mobile device recording capabilities
- Advocate and lead-by-example best practices for code quality in architecture and design, maintainability, performance, and scalability
- Lead on promoting just-right solutions to build for the future while also avoiding costly premature optimizations
This is a full-time position open to anywhere in the US.
- Passion for engineering practices such as refactoring, TDD, CI/CD, pair programming, and design/code reviews
- Customer-centered desire to solve hard technical problems with simple solutions
- Experience with high discipline agile development processes such as Lean/Scrum/Kanban/XP
- Familiar with or deep interest in flow-based development processes with continuous (30+) deployments daily
- Seeks regular feedback and collaborates naturally with peers and functions outside of engineering
Bonus points for:
- Experience with client-side performance optimization; security
- Experience in the field of Usability
- Experience with SaaS product development
- Experience with rapid-prototyping and validating assumptions using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Experience using UserTesting is a big plus
- Unix system administration experience
Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer competitive salary, benefits, plenty of perks, as well as stock options. We value diversity, and are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace. Learn more about what it is like to work at UserTesting at: https://www.usertesting.com/about-us/job
About Usertesting, Inc.
See, hear and talk to your customers as they engage with your products, apps and messaging. Build better experiences and make more informed decisions by putting the customer at the center of your business.
Our values: Customers First, Own Results, Be Kind, Get Better, Keep it Simple. We also value work/life balance and how we work (when and where).
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.