- $35k - $70k
- 0.05% - 0.20%
- Vanilla js
- gitlab ci/cd
As a Senior Data Engineer at Valiu, you'll act as a connector between our data teams and the rest of our diverse engineering department to create high-performance data processing solutions that scale.
Culture is everything at Valiu. It’s all about the right mix of professional skills and personal attributes. In the following presentation we’ll share who we are, what we believe in, how we work together day-to-day as a company, our culture, perks and more. Why Valiu?
In this role, you'll get to:
Our Data Engineer will be responsible for ensuring data reliability and integrity throughout all of our core infrastructure. You will work closely with Data Scientists to ensure swift and scalable ML model deployments. Implementing ETL pipelines will be second-nature to you.
- Assist Data Scientists in ensuring data is readily available in a structured way to be analyzed
- Creating large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines to help data scientists as well as non-technical stakeholders at Valiu
- Experience with data ingestion via APIs
What You Need For This Role:
The easy stuff:
- Cloud Engineering and Cloud Service background (Google BigQuery, AWS S3, Lambda)
- Experienced in Java, Scala, or Python
- Ability and interest in translating business requirements into technological visions, and reimagining data-processing technologies
- Experience with SQL, MongoDB
- Experience in Computer Science (algorithms, data structures, graphs)
- Experience with lower-level languages is a plus
Sounds fun? Here's Your challenge
Our Monthly Offer
- Minimum: USD $3000 + Options
- Average: USD $4500 + Options
- Maximum: USD $6000 + Options
It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do. - Steve Jobs, and Valiu 😁
It is very hard to access USD or stable currency in LatAm's depreciating, and hyper-inflationary economies. We are solving that for individuals and businesses.
*Culture is the collective behavior of everyone in the company when nobody is watching.Ben Horowitz*
Valiu only works well if we all work together towards the same goal. At Valiu, your success is only a result of the company's success (Team > Heroes), so let's work together to achieve our mission. If you see something below standard and do nothing, then you’ve set a new standard.
Our motto: ask for forgiveness, not permission.
1. We learn fast:
The best companies are the ones that learn faster, which is why we are working to develop a learning culture, one that encourages everyone to ask difficult questions and set themselves challenging goals.
2. We improve and organize every day:
It is vital that everyone on the team strives to improve themselves every day. At Valiu, we know that nobody is perfect and we understand that learning from our mistakes is what makes us better. That said, **we do have high general expectations of you and we expect that you become an expert at organizing your tasks, goals, issues, meetings, etc.
3. We apply velocity:
Without fast, constant iteration and innovation, a venture fails. We need you to be flexible, work long hours, weekends, and make sacrifices. Inform your perspectives, and adapt to new roles quickly, whenever necessary. Everyone does product QA (testing and bug reporting) at Valiu in order to move fast and ship amazing products.
Competition is for losersPeter Thiel
4. We play the infinite game:
In game theory, a finite game is one with a set of rules and roles. If we were the best financial institution in the world, our goal would be finite once we've succeeded. On the other hand, at Valiu we are building to last and competing against ourselves. We strive to stay ahead of the curve in an ever-changing environment.
Startup companies always die of suicide, not murderY Combinator
5. In experiments and data we trust:
We use discovery and delivery We make smart hypotheses, we design experiments and validate quantitatively fast; then we build. At Valiu everyone should do experiments to improve their work or solve problems.
Everyone at Valiu is the growth team.
- Vanilla js
- gitlab ci/cd
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.