- $40k - $60k
- 0.01% - 0.05%
- Vanilla js
- gitlab ci/cd
We are looking for a Head of Data Science to join our team! As our Head of Data Science, you will have the responsibility to establish a roadmap and collaborate to define Valiu's data org's long-term vision. We'll rely on your leadership to expand our current data methodologies, maximize actionable insights through large sums of data, and develop our data infrastructure.
You'll be collaborating with most squads at Valiu: Mobile App, On/Off ramps, FinOps, and more. this will give you a unique perspective and a holistic understanding of the company, allowing you to learn everything about the future of finance & crypto. As the Head of Data Science, you'll be shaping the data org that will take Valiu to the next level.
Culture is everything at Valiu. It’s all about the right mix of professional skills and personal attributes. In the following presentation, we’ll share who we are, what we believe in, how we work together day-to-day as a company, our culture, perks, and more. Why Valiu?
In this role, you'll get to:
- Build and lead a team of data analysts, data scientists, and data engineers
- Develop new techniques & models to help us answer new and previously unanswerable questions
- Partner with data engineers to build requirements for data infrastructure necessary to facilitate efficient analysis and reporting
- Develop deep partnerships with engineering and product teams to deliver on cross-functional measurements, testing, and modeling efforts
- Translate abstract business concerns into technical problems that can be solved through programming and statistical techniques
- Cooperate with other Valiu stakeholders such as program managers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Backend Engineers, Brokers, and Customer Support Agents
- Come up with innovative ways to make Valiu's team members more data-driven
What You Need For This Role:
The easy stuff:
- 5+ years of experience in analytics/data science/data engineering or quantitative fields, both as an individual contributor and leader
- Track record of designing a data science roadmap and executing the vision behind it
- Track record of recruiting talent in data engineering, analytics, and data science
- Experience in instilling a culture of ownership, collaboration, and results
- Experience with applied statistics & machine learning
- Have experience working writing Python scripts to manipulate data or automate data pipelines
- Thrive in a dynamic environment and able to execute with high autonomy
- Be passionate about translating business objectives into actionable analyses, results, and insights, that shape product development
- Be proficient using SQL to query large relational databases and have the ability to build and maintain processes to extract & integrate data from various sources
Sounds fun? Here's Your challenge
To get considered for this role, you have to pass the following test.
- Minimum: USD $ 3000 + 0.5 basis points
- Average: USD $ 4000 + 0.3 basis points
- Maximum: USD $ 5000 + 0.1 basis points
It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do. - Steve Jobs, and Valiu 😁
It is very hard to access USD or stable currency in LatAm's depreciating, and hyper-inflationary economies. We are solving that for individuals and businesses.
*Culture is the collective behavior of everyone in the company when nobody is watching.Ben Horowitz*
Valiu only works well if we all work together towards the same goal. At Valiu, your success is only a result of the company's success (Team > Heroes), so let's work together to achieve our mission. If you see something below standard and do nothing, then you’ve set a new standard.
Our motto: ask for forgiveness, not permission.
1. We learn fast:
The best companies are the ones that learn faster, which is why we are working to develop a learning culture, one that encourages everyone to ask difficult questions and set themselves challenging goals.
2. We improve and organize every day:
It is vital that everyone on the team strives to improve themselves every day. At Valiu, we know that nobody is perfect and we understand that learning from our mistakes is what makes us better. That said, **we do have high general expectations of you and we expect that you become an expert at organizing your tasks, goals, issues, meetings, etc.
3. We apply velocity:
Without fast, constant iteration and innovation, a venture fails. We need you to be flexible, work long hours, weekends, and make sacrifices. Inform your perspectives, and adapt to new roles quickly, whenever necessary. Everyone does product QA (testing and bug reporting) at Valiu in order to move fast and ship amazing products.
Competition is for losersPeter Thiel
4. We play the infinite game:
In game theory, a finite game is one with a set of rules and roles. If we were the best financial institution in the world, our goal would be finite once we've succeeded. On the other hand, at Valiu we are building to last and competing against ourselves. We strive to stay ahead of the curve in an ever-changing environment.
Startup companies always die of suicide, not murderY Combinator
5. In experiments and data we trust:
We use discovery and delivery We make smart hypotheses, we design experiments and validate quantitatively fast; then we build. At Valiu everyone should do experiments to improve their work or solve problems.
Everyone at Valiu is the growth team.
- Vanilla js
- gitlab ci/cd
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.