- $25k - $95k
- 0.1% - 0.5%
- Vanilla js
- gitlab ci/cd
*Hi, we are glad you are here!
Valiu is looking to expand our team and you might be the lucky one.
In a nutshell, below you'll find everything you need to join the best company in the world.*
At Valiu, we're building the next big Financial Solution for Latin America that ensures Financial prosperity for everyone, we're looking for someone passionate about high available & scalable systems.
- We use WebSockets (Socket.io/MQTT) for real-time-based communication.
- gRPC and RabbitMQ to orchestrate services.
- Our databases are stored in MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and Redis.
- Our systems run backed by a Cloud-based infrastructure:
- Google Cloud and AWS
- We orchestrate our services using GraphQL and REST frontends
- OAuth 2.0 with JWT.
- We use GitLab, Slack, Notion & Linear to keep everyone synced.
Culture is everything at Valiu. It’s all about the right mix of professional skills and personal attributes. In the following presentation we’ll share who we are, what we believe in, how we work together day-to-day as a company, our culture, perks and more. Why Valiu?
In this role, you'll get to:
- Develop and maintain backend features in a micro services environment
- Develop code with high quality unit testing and integration testing
- Open-sourcing any non-trivial innovations that come out of our work on the product
- Develop integrations with third parties
- Adding analytics, monitoring, and alerts to our service so that we can better respond to operational incidents
- Improving performance in all components that you design and build
What You Need For This Role:
The easy stuff:
- Knowledge about Backend architecture patterns
- Deep Knowledge in Node with TypeScript, PostgreSQL & Mongodb
- Experience working in results-oriented teamwork
- Ability to communicate assertively in a remote-first, async environment
- Experience in development of backend-based solutions, using micro-services architecture design
- Be ready to learn what is needed
- Experience or interest in Rust
- Experience working in high availability systems
Sounds fun? Here's Your challenge
To get considered for this role you have to pass both of the following tests:
- TripleByte test (you have to use your real email if you want us to follow up)
- Test for Senior Backend Developer Backend (Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the link to the repository (Github, GitLab) which contains the scripts that solve the problems, you can use whatever code language you want.)
Our Monthly Offer
- Minimum: USD $2000 USD + Options
- Average: USD $5000 USD + Options
- Maximum: USD $8000 USD + Options
It is very hard to access USD or stable currency in LatAm's depreciating, and hyper-inflationary economies. We are solving that for individuals and businesses.
*Culture is the collective behavior of everyone in the company when nobody is watching.Ben Horowitz*
Valiu only works well if we all work together towards the same goal. At Valiu, your success is only a result of the company's success (Team > Heroes), so let's work together to achieve our mission. If you see something below standard and do nothing, then you’ve set a new standard.
Our motto: ask for forgiveness, not permission.
1. We learn fast:
The best companies are the ones that learn faster, which is why we are working to develop a learning culture, one that encourages everyone to ask difficult questions and set themselves challenging goals.
2. We improve and organize every day:
It is vital that everyone on the team strives to improve themselves every day. At Valiu, we know that nobody is perfect and we understand that learning from our mistakes is what makes us better. That said, **we do have high general expectations of you and we expect that you become an expert at organizing your tasks, goals, issues, meetings, etc.
3. We apply velocity:
Without fast, constant iteration and innovation, a venture fails. We need you to be flexible, work long hours, weekends, and make sacrifices. Inform your perspectives, and adapt to new roles quickly, whenever necessary. Everyone does product QA (testing and bug reporting) at Valiu in order to move fast and ship amazing products.
Competition is for losersPeter Thiel
4. We play the infinite game:
In game theory, a finite game is one with a set of rules and roles. If we were the best financial institution in the world, our goal would be finite once we've succeeded. On the other hand, at Valiu we are building to last and competing against ourselves. We strive to stay ahead of the curve in an ever-changing environment.
Startup companies always die of suicide, not murderY Combinator
5. In experiments and data we trust:
We use discovery and delivery We make smart hypotheses, we design experiments and validate quantitatively fast; then we build. At Valiu everyone should do experiments to improve their work or solve problems.
Everyone at Valiu is the growth team.
- Vanilla js
- gitlab ci/cd
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.