- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $160k - $190k
- 0.2% - 0.5%
- React Native
You will own and drive technical and product decisions that will leave a lasting impression on the company - and the industry - for years to come.
Working closely with the founding team, your purview will cover the development, support, and scalability of the Vectrix platform. You will report to our CTO, Matt, working together to develop the foundation on which cloud security is improved for companies and security teams around the world.
This role is best suited for you if you are someone who is looking to tackle exciting problems in cybersecurity, continuously grow as an individual, and want to have direct, measurable impact on the outcomes we experience as a company.
Your technical responsibilities:
- Lead the technical infrastructure architecture design to optimize for security, scalability, and maintainability.
- Lead investigating, implementing, and supporting data stores holding large amounts of data to be performant, scalable, and cost effective.
- Oversee all our of infrastructure components to ensure uptime and service reliability.
- Aid in design and building complex API integrations to be performant, reliable, and ingest large amounts of security critical customer data.
- 5+ years experience in an engineering, preferrably platform, backend, or SRE engineering role.
- Strong experience working in cloud native environments (AWS, GCP, Azure) with heavy preference towards AWS.
- Strong experience with Docker and Kubernetes (EKS, GKE, K8s the Hard Way).
- Strong experience in managing large data sets within SQL and/or NoSQL databases and how to optimize for performance, scalability, and cost efficacy.
- Experience working with python (3) powered backend web services, preferrably one backend web framework (Django, Flask, FastAPI).
- Practical thinker: understand how to optimize time effectively to balance creation of tech debt while shipping features as fast as possible.
- Background within security. (huge plus!)
- Bakground with any of: Kafka, CitusDB, Clickhouse, TimescaleDB, Aurora, Elasticsearch. (huge plus!)
- Great at troubleshooting and debugging complex issues.
- Excels at communicating complex issues in an easy to understand way.
- A 4 year degree in Computer Science, or equivalent in years experience.
The tech stack:
We're cloud first in all that we do. Our backend is built in Python/Django and is based on a micro service architecture running within Docker and AWS EKS (Kubernetes). Our backend utilizes AWS services like S3, RDS, EC2, and Lambda. We use React on the frontend. We live in Slack, but code lives in GitHub. We leverage Notion and Gitbooks for documentation and build mockups and prototypes in Figma.
Vectrix is the first SaaS platform for one-click cloud and SaaS security scanners. Simply choose the coverage you need, connect your accounts, and start monitoring for critical security issues instantly, like misconfigurations, suspicious activity, and more. Whether it's AWS and GitHub or Google Workspace and Salesforce, Vectrix has you covered.
Founded by former security engineers and security leaders at PlanGrid, Vimeo, and Autodesk, Vectrix equips engineers and growing security teams with an easy, effective way to bootstrap cloud and SaaS security.
Learn more at https://www.vectrix.io
We're an experienced team of thinkers and doers with a passion for bringing security and people together. We value new ideas and find that learning everyday is just as essential as breathing. Some of our values include:
Do the right thing, always - Even when it's hard. Even when no one is watching. Even when it may hurt or be uncool. We value the legacy we'll leave on people we interact with and reflect on such impacts often.
Cohesion over correctness - We win together. And when we get it wrong, we do so together. And then we fix it. Together. When we don't see eye to eye, we disagree and commit.
Default to action - We will have won or lost not by what we did not do, but by what action we took. We strike the perfect balance of knowing when to pause to think critically and shipping with haste. We value growth over perfection. Speed is an ally. We celebrate our wins, but for just long enough. Momentum, momentum, momentum!
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.