Software Engineer, Full-Stack
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $95k - $120k
- 0.02% - 0.50%
- React Native
Vectrix.io, a cloud security company part of Y Combinator's Summer 2020 batch, is looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join the team.
The Vectrix platform allows companies to connect their third-party cloud services (e.g., AWS, GitHub, G Suite) to get security monitoring coverage over each of them, instantly. We do this by offering a growing library of individual, easy-to-use security scanners that each monitor a specific service for a specific issue. Active security engineers develop and monetize their scanners, we vet and host them, and companies pick, choose, and integrate the security coverage that matters to them.
Check out the platform by signing up here: https://app.vectrix.io/signup
About the role:
You will influence and drive technical and product decisions that will leave a lasting impression on the company - and the industry - for years to come.
Working closely with the founding team, your purview as employee number one will cover the development, support, and scalability of the Vectrix platform. You will report to our CTO, Matt, working together to develop the foundation on which cloud security is improved for companies and security teams around the world.
This role is best suited for you if you are someone who is looking to tackle exciting problems in cybersecurity, continuously grow as an individual, and want to have direct, measurable impact on the outcomes we experience as a company.
Your technical responsibilities:
- Architect and build both frontend and backend components of our web application.
- Architect and build RESTful APIs.
- Aid in infrastructure architecture design and implementation for supporting the Vectrix web app and its residual services.
- Experience with Restful APIs.
- Experience working on backend when necessary (Python 3, Django, etc.).
- Experience working in cloud native environments (AWS, GCP).
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes (EKS, GKE, K8s the Hard Way).
- Ability to write secure, testable, and efficient code.
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases and how to use them efficiently.
- An understanding of basic performance optimization and scalability for web applications.
- 2+ years' experience in an engineering or development role.
- Practical thinker: understand how to optimize time effectively to balance creation of tech debt while shipping features as fast as possible.
- Background within security. (huge plus!)
- Strong UI/UX design skills. (huge plus!)
- Great at troubleshooting and debugging issues.
- Excels at communicating complex issues in an easy to understand way.
- A 4 year degree in Computer Science, or equivalent in years experience.
We’re looking for teammates who are:
- Dependable: You're a real team player; someone that can be counted on and counts on others.
- Self-starting: You are ready to take on the world... as well as that really annoying bug causing headaches.
- Curious: You're excited and motivated by learning and doing... and then learning some more.
- Emotionally intelligent: You place value in understanding your colleagues and who they are.
- Problem solvers: You default to action and find a way to solve even the trickiest of problems.
The tech stack:
We're cloud first in all that we do. Our backend is built in Python/Django and is based on a micro service architecture running within Docker and AWS EKS (Kubernetes). Our backend utilizes AWS services like S3, RDS, EC2, and Lambda. We use React on the frontend. We live in Slack, but code lives in GitHub. We leverage Notion and Gitbooks for documentation and build mockups and prototypes in Figma.
- Competitive salary with early employee equity
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefit packages
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup allowance
Take What You Needvacation policy
- 11 holidays a year (including Election Day) and we close the half day before each Holiday
- Paid parental leave for all parents
More about Vectrix:
We're an experienced team of thinkers and doers with a passion for bringing security and people together. We value new ideas and find that learning everyday is just as essential as breathing.
But don't be mistaken - we are on a mission. A mission to empower the security community with a platform that will change an entire industry for the better, one secure cloud service at a time.
Vectrix is the first SaaS platform for one-click cloud and SaaS security scanners. Simply choose the coverage you need, connect your accounts, and start monitoring for critical security issues instantly, like misconfigurations, suspicious activity, and more. Whether it's AWS and GitHub or G Suite and Salesforce, Vectrix has you covered.
Founded by former security engineers and security leaders at PlanGrid, Vimeo, and Autodesk, Vectrix equips engineers and growing security teams with an easy, effective way to bootstrap cloud and SaaS security.
Learn more at https://vectrix.io
We're an experienced team of thinkers and doers with a passion for bringing security and people together. We value new ideas and find that learning everyday is just as essential as breathing. Some of our values include:
Do the right thing, always - Even when it's hard. Even when no one is watching. Even when it may hurt or be uncool. We value the legacy we'll leave on people we interact with and reflect on such impacts often.
Cohesion over correctness - We win together. And when we get it wrong, we do so together. And then we fix it. Together. When we don't see eye to eye, we disagree and commit.
Default to action - We will have won or lost not by what we did not do, but by what action we took. We strike the perfect balance of knowing when to pause to think critically and shipping with haste. We value growth over perfection. Speed is an ally. We celebrate our wins, but for just long enough. Momentum, momentum, momentum!
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.