- San Francisco, CA, United States
We are looking for a candidate with top-notch leadership skills and technical abilities to lead our engineering efforts and accelerate our product development. As a Lead Engineer at Vest, you'll work closely with the Chief Technical Officer to manage engineering teams in San Francisco and New York while making impactful technical contributions to our projects.
- Lead a team of engineers to develop critical back end components
- Train new engineering hires
- Give technical presentations at industry events
- Work directly with the CTO and other engineering leads to determine engineering milestones
- Develop a robust infrastructure for managing staking contracts
- Contribute to the development of a secure, fault tolerant staking infrastructure for Casper, Tezos, Polkadot, Lightning Network, Filecoin, and other upcoming protocols
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback on software specifications
- Shape a security-focused development pipeline
- Contribute to open-source projects when necessary
- Experience building and maintaining production grade software
- Experience leading medium-sized (5-10+) engineering teams
- Experience with functional programming
- Rigor and clarity in thought and work
- Ability to adapt to a fast growing ecosystem
- Experience with Blockchain related technologies and important cryptographic primitives
- Experience with Haskell and/or OCaml
- Experience with Computer Security
- Published Quantitative Papers
About Vest Technologies
At Vest, we believe that Proof-of-Stake Blockchains will be an integral part of the next generation of the internet. Vest is a platform that makes cryptocurrency staking accessible to everyone. By building tools and services for investors, coin holders, and developers alike, we hope to be a key leader of the protocol economy. We recently secured our Series A funding, are working out of a brand new office in San Francisco and have a small, hard-working core team.
Our immediate aim is to develop a marketplace for crypto-staking financial products. Vest will support both sides of the marketplace: it will enable users to seamlessly initiate, manage and trade a variety of crypto-staking products while also allowing staking service providers to offer their services to our user base. We will chiefly maintain the Vest marketplace software and may secondarily offer investment advisory and staking services. Further, we anticipate contributing to the development of staking protocols when strategically aligned.
We value hard work but also a work life balance. We like to go on company trips, out for company meals and hang out after work at the new office. Being a young team, having fun while we work is important to us.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.