- New York, NY, United States
- Elastic Search
- React Native
Our team is full-stack capable, working on many pieces of our system. We believe every engineer at Vetcove should have a holistic view of Vetcove and work on many different areas. We encourage you to apply as help us grow a system that facilitates many millions of dollars in orders every week.
We move lightning-fast in an industry that was previously slow to adopt technology. As Vetcove quickly expands its offerings to better serve veterinary groups and its supply chain partners, we’re quickly growing our engineering team to keep pace with the rapid expansion of our business, while maintaining exceptional code quality and system integrity.
As a key member of our engineering team, you will be contributing to core features almost immediately. You will be responsible for planning, creation, maintenance, and upgrades across most of the technology stack. We also value engineers that are interested in our business, our mission, and growing the company.
We prefer that our developers have experience across the full stack of a web application. We are looking for engineers with at least 2 years of professional software engineering experience, (preferably building web applications). You should have domain expertise in at least one language, and proficiency in several others. As an engineer, you will most likely be involved in a number of areas of the system, but you have relevant experience in the following:
- Building a professionally successful production application in a modern web framework
- Designing new features around data models with accuracy, security, and performance in mind
- Working with a database and analyzing queries for improved optimizations
- Good software testing habits
Nice to Haves: You have experience with ES6, and a single-page app MVC framework (e.g. AngularJS / EmberJS/ React). You are comfortable using ORMs for code clarity, but also understand how they are connected to actual queries for performance tweaking. Experience with automated testing and build systems is also a plus.
Tools We Use:
You absolutely don’t need experience with all these tools, but in case you were curious:
- Backend: Python (Django, Django Rest Framework)
- Datastores: Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Version Control: Git
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Contributing to the conceptualization and feature documentation of new ideas and product enhancements
- Building and extending interactive React applications that will be used many thousands of veterinary purchasers, corporate hospital groups owners, and animal health manufacturers.
- Adding good test coverage
- Working directly with our CTO and engineering team, and closely with non-engineers.
Vetcove is a veterinary purchasing marketplace that enables veterinary practices to compare real-time pricing and stock across more than 200,000 veterinary SKUs.
Vetcove’s work environment and culture is awesome. Everyone here believes in the core mission of helping veterinarians, so the candidate absolutely must be a team player, passionate, and a great person. Vetcove believes a happy work place will be a productive one for both the company and the employee.
Vetcove embraces the Silicon Valley workplace structure. We encourage a casual dress, and support an environment where everyone speaks openly and works collaboratively to drive the business forward. We have an open vacation policy and sponsor team lunches, team outings, happy hours when we achieve our goals, and an annual retreat. Our team is comprised of the industry's absolute best, and we're not shy about the fact that we're looking for the most exceptional people to join our team and take this journey with us.
- Elastic Search
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.