- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $70M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for startups.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer - startup founders. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
Vouch is looking for a Product Designer to join our growing team, eventually reporting to our beautiful San Francisco office. We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes customer empathy and is excited to be a voice for our founder-users across the entire Vouch organization. You will shape how our product presents itself to new markets, support the launch of new insurance programs, and reinvent how our customers interact with their insurance after purchase.
- Own our users’ account (or member portal) experience, where they log in to adjust their coverage, file claims, request proof of insurance for partners, and more.
- Design beautiful and intuitive interfaces that help our customers get the most out of their insurance and reduce risks to their business.
- Think creatively within the constraints of the insurance industry, aiming for step change improvements instead of iterative refinements.
- Experience working across product, engineering, marketing, and sales stakeholders to create designs and collaborate on technical implementation
- Share continued learnings about our customer and advocate design principles to the broader Vouch Insurance team
- +3 years of web/app experience as a professional UX or Product Designer
- Proven track record of solving complex interactive customer problems
- Clear cross-team communication skills
- Experience working with modern design tools like Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Good understanding of responsive design techniques
- Experience synthesizing user research into beautiful and intuitive interfaces
Nice to have:
- Illustration and animation skills with offline/print experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field (Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction or Industrial/Graphic Design)
- Experience in an highly regulated industry
- Familiarity with CSS
Vouch is proudly an equal opportunity employer and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
About Vouch Insurance
We know how hard it is to build your product, scale your team, and keep it all together. We know what it’s like when things hit the fan. We’ve been there when insurance kept things on track, and we’ve seen how devastating chaos can be without coverage.
We’re building Vouch because today’s startups face the same competitive, legal, and publicity risks as large established companies. Yet, the tools that help founders manage those risks haven’t evolved to keep up. Today’s insurance is expensive, slow, and frequently unhelpful. Vouch is just the opposite - insurance as it should be.
We vouch for your risk because we know building a business is hard. Getting insurance shouldn’t be.
Vouch operates as a mature startup with a focus on clear communication and transparency.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.