- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
Vouch is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Insurance Platform team. The Insurance Platform team builds APIs that underwrite and issue insurance policies. The team also configures and launches all of Vouch’s insurance policies. You will have the opportunity to quickly contribute critical code and help to shape fundamental aspects of our codebase and engineering culture.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, distributed systems, and services
- Help contribute to and scale our services-oriented architecture efforts
- Work on the core infrastructure for our Insurance platform, including launching and managing insurance programs
- Work closely with internal Vouch users to help them develop user-facing interfaces
- Collaborate with team members on priorities and technical specifications
You may be a good fit for the role if you:
- Have 5+ years of development experience
- Have experience building distributed systems and APIs as a product or platform
- Are proficient using Ruby
- Have experience in Postgres or another transactional, relational database system, as well as ability to design schemas.
- Have exceptional communication skills. You can effectively talk (and listen) to engineers, designers, product managers, executives, and other stakeholders.
- Have experience with software engineering best practices such as TDD, SOLID, code reviews, A/B testing, etc.
- Have experience with event based systems, message queues, immutable database design
Other Tools We Use:
- TypeScript, Vue.js, Python
- Terraform, Consul, Nomad
- Serverless Framework, Docker
- AWS EventBridge, SNS, SQS, Lambda
Vouch is proudly an equal opportunity employer and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
About Vouch Insurance
We know how hard it is to build your product, scale your team, and keep it all together. We know what it’s like when things hit the fan. We’ve been there when insurance kept things on track, and we’ve seen how devastating chaos can be without coverage.
We’re building Vouch because today’s startups face the same competitive, legal, and publicity risks as large established companies. Yet, the tools that help founders manage those risks haven’t evolved to keep up. Today’s insurance is expensive, slow, and frequently unhelpful. Vouch is just the opposite - insurance as it should be.
We vouch for your risk because we know building a business is hard. Getting insurance shouldn’t be.
Vouch operates as a mature startup with a focus on clear communication and transparency.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.