- New York
- $90k - $145k
- 0.02% - 0.04%
- React Native
What you will be doing:
You will be a key member of the team responsible for the success of our technology platform, with the following responsibilities:
Work closely with other engineers to architect, implement, and rollout new features
Work directly with leadership and other team members to ensure that engineering goals align with overall company goals
Develop real-time, stream-based audio analysis pipelines to extract insight from conversations
Deploy new releases on our Kubernetes infrastructure
Ensure high security standards and best practices
What you should have:
- At least three years of software development experience, using a JVM-based language, such as Java, Kotlin, Scala
- Experience working on large projects using ECMAScript 2015+ or Typescript and React/Redux
- Strong familiarity with debugging, profiling, and test-driven development
- Experience with SQL, ORMs, and data modeling
- Solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming concepts
- Familiarity building and testing asynchronous, distributed, fault-tolerant code
Even better if you have:
- Experience using Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Kafka, Kinesis, and stream-based analysis
- Experience developing and architecting distributed streaming or batch platforms, using tools such as Spark, DataProc, or Flink
- Experience using React Native, Swift, and Android/Java
- Familiarity with Web-RTC and media streaming technologies
- Experience developing for cloud platforms, such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Familiarity with CI/CD
- Familiarity with XMPP and Data-Channel
- Familiarity with web technologies, such as HTTP, CSS3, HTML5
Spoken conversations - not email, not slack, not powerpoint presentations - contain the most valuable data in organizations. And while digital transformation is the largest force of change in every industry, almost all spoken conversations happen outside of that revolution.
Vowel is a conversation hub built to capture and unlock the power and insight in every company’s conversations. Use it to host meetings, tag the good stuff, and make sure team members have access to the content that really matters—via on-demand playback and one-touch transcriptions. All so you can hear the words that matter most and skip the rest.
Vowel is an early-stage software company focused on building tools that enable teams to collaborate. Our team has strong experience starting and running VC backed companies, and our investors include the same VCs who invested in leading software companies, including Stripe, Twilio, Airtable, Carta, Plaid, and Lever.
We are an inclusive, tight-knit team that values working smart. We are thoughtful about our product and technical choices, but we don’t let perfect be the enemy of good. We are collaborative and look for team members who act like owners.
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.