Software Engineer, Data
- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
VSCO’s creators generate billions of data points every single day. Our platform must reliably and efficiently process this data, make sense of it, and leverage it to build features our creators love. You will create the systems which bring value to VSCO’s creators from these datasets.
You thrive on complex data problems, and you’ve seen the value of a robust and powerful data platform. You get energy through building data infrastructure that leverages massive datasets to provide insights and understanding.
VSCO is looking for a Data Engineer to build and scale our data systems. As we continue to grow and innovate, we face unique scalability challenges. In this role, you will converge the power of analytics and data pipeline examination to influence how VSCO evolves.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build reliable, scalable, and maintainable applications.
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain large-scale data infrastructures.
- Work with streaming and batch systems to enable accurate, timely, and data-centric decisions.
- Build and maintain backend data systems that power integral functions within the VSCO platform.
- Improve tracking of data quality and consistency.
- You hold a BS or MS in computer science or equivalent experience.
- You have 3+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience with parallel computing platforms such as Spark, Hadoop, Apache Beam, etc.
- You are comfortable with SQL and well versed in dimensional modeling. You’ve leveraged cloud data warehouses technologies such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery
- Enthusiastic about software concepts such as testing, monitoring, documentation, etc.
Nice to have
- Fluent programming skills in Scala, or Java
- Experience with Kubernetes and Terraform
- Experience creating Spark streaming applications
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, database internals, and performance analysis.
- You have an appreciation for photography or other aspects of the arts.
VSCO is a creative channel. We build creative tools, spaces, and connections driven by self-expression. Our mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity. Driven by a creator-first philosophy, VSCO supports the creative journey from start to finish — not only providing photographers with tools, but also with the education, community, and connections required to unlock their potential.
Our mission is to uplift creators and to help their voices to be heard. This mission also pours into our company culture. We are a very empathetic company, and highly value collaboration and authenticity. We believe people are at their best when they can be themselves.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.