- San Francisco
- Silicon Valley (Redwood City to San Jose)
- $120k - $180k
- 0.5% - 2.0%
walrus.ai is a new approach to testing and ensuring confidence in complex web applications. Through a combination of human intelligence and computer execution, we offer quick and reliable monitoring and testing from simple, plain-English instructions. Our goal is to eliminate time wasted on writing and maintaining tests across the entire stack, allowing engineers instead to focus on building products.
We are backed by great investors, and are making our first hire. This is a great opportunity to shape a company in a massive market from the ground up. There are 3 of us, and we are based in San Francisco. This position is also remote-friendly.
As our first hire, you will:
- Work closely with the rest of the team (engineering, product, design) to define and implement new features from start to finish, with clean and well-tested code (dev-ops, server, client).
- Build, maintain, and continuously improve our internal automation tooling to ensure quick and reliable test results for our clients.
- Build and maintain infrastructure and monitoring such that our clients are consistently having the best possible experience.
We believe in empowering and delighting our customers. The biggest part of that is listening to them, when they’re happy, and when they’re frustrated. Before making any hard decision, listen to different points of view, collect as much insight as possible, and move forward with conviction. Don’t bring the ego in the building.
Failure is embraced, as long as you learn something from it.
We believe in curiosity, and first-principles reasoning. All ideas are welcome, and debate is embraced. We aim for clarity of thought, and collecting diverse points of view, from our team, and our customers.
Keep it simple
“Stock is the backbone of good cooking, just roast some bones, roast some vegetables, put them in a big pot with water, and reduce and reduce and reduce.” - Anthony Bourdain
Whether cooking, writing a book, or managing your workload, boiling ideas down to their essence, and bringing elegant simplicity to complex systems are the backbones of operational excellence.
- 2+ years of engineering experience in a consumer or enterprise software company.
- Proficient in front-end technologies, being familiar with the DOM and how to interact with it.
- Capable of diving into backend code to write new features from top to bottom.
- BS in computer science or related field, or relevant work experience.
- Browser automation experience (Puppeteer, Selenium, Cypress)
- Experience with ReactJS
- You understand, and care deeply about the ramifications of the code you write, on the customer, and on the business.
- You think from first-principles.
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of iteration of an early-stage startup.
- You are resourceful and will do whatever to deliver delightful customer experiences.
- You have strong opinions, but are open to changing your mind.
- You believe that a steeper slope makes up for a lot of y-intercept.
We help our customers build automated end-to-end tests with plain English in under 5 minutes.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.