Software Engineer, Full-Stack
- San Francisco, CA, United States
WanderJaunt is building the future of hospitality by bringing the consistency and reliability of traditional hotels to the home sharing vacation rental industry. We provide end-to-end property management services to homeowners, and seamless travel experiences for our guests to create a world where everyone feels at home.
As an early engineer, you’ll have a say in everything from the product roadmap to engineering process to architecture decisions. Every day is different, and you’ll tackle problems ranging from managing IoT devices to optimizing our pricing infrastructure.We're looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, a self-starter, and growth-oriented. You should be comfortable working across the entire stack, communicating with stakeholders, sharing your knowledge with the team and more.
- You pull together - You have excellent communication skills and you love working cross-functionally to solve problems that cut across software, people, process and real-world physics. You believe there’s no such thing as “someone else’s problem” and are willing to collaborate and problem solve anywhere you can.
- You cut the fluff - You love getting honest feedback and you’re unafraid to voice your opinions even if they might be unpopular. You know that the only way we get better is by studying the fundamentals and you work tirelessly to get to ground truth.
- You go full throttle - You’re all about impact and ownership. You act with urgency because you’re confident in your convictions and you’re comfortable being uncomfortable.
- You dive deep - You love navigating your way through ambiguity and breaking through each barrier that stands in your way. You’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to craft your career path in a hyper-growth setting.
- Build the brains behind our entire internal operations - think of this as rebuilding all the functions of a hotel but w/ software and spread out over 100 square miles as opposed to 1 high-rise
- Craft the WanderJaunt brand through the growth of our booking platform (wanderjaunt.com) and drive booking volume
- Build and maintain the infrastructure that supports our data science team in their pricing and property evaluation work
- B.S., M.S. or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamental concepts,
- Expertise w/ modern web frameworks (Django/Rails and Vue/React/Angular)
- Internship experience working in an ops-tech company and distilling complex business problems into code
Our Tech Stack
- Django + DRF + Postgres
- Celery w/ RabbitMQ
WanderJaunt is the first customer-obsessed, decentralized hospitality brand enabling a seamless experience for both travelers and homeowners. We consider ourselves a revolutionary, full-service alternative to hotels and your traditional Airbnb. We stand for streamlined services, fair prices, and a world where everyone feels at home.
We're resourceful, efficient, and collaborative. We believe a good solution in the wild is better than a perfect solution still in development.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.