- San Francisco
- Ruby on Rails
We’re looking for an engineer who can help us wrangle complex systems and delight users along the way. You'll work directly with the CTO and CEO on a variety of projects. You'll have a tremendous amount of influence, ability to make a huge impact, and be expected to work on a little of everything. There's no red tape. It's a small team, and we move fast.
What we're looking for
- Experience working with complexity. Good code design in the right places is one of the best levers you have as an engineer. But bad design in the wrong places… ouch.
- Ability to deal with the chaos and ambiguity of a startup. Things change, surprises happen. There will be uncertainties in and out of our control. Our job is to ship product and keep the money flowing.
- Attention to detail. You can’t build a great product without being good about the details, whether it's behind the scenes or in the user’s face. We value UX and will go the extra mile to make our product easy, which usually makes implementation harder.
- Expert in Ruby on Rails or similar toolset (like django or Node). We’re a Rails shop, but deep expertise in a web development framework speaks louder than rough familiarity with our preferred toolset.
- Understanding of accessibility, SEO, responsive design, and website performance.
- Experience with payments, security, or
- Scaled systems with 100k/1m/10m/100m/1b transactions.
- You enjoy customer support and working with investors and founders.
We help everyone invest in a startup or small business that they love - even if they are not wealthy. This used to be illegal until we lobbied Congress to fix the law.
We started Wefunder because we wanted to invest in our friends - to help them dream bigger, be the best versions of themselves, and reach their ambition. We do that for the rest of America. So much raw talent is being wasted. Our purpose is to fix that, to help tens of thousands
take their shot.
We are a Public Benefit Corporation and certified B-Corp and have to date funded 279 startups with almost $100M from our user base of ~250,000. We've funded companies ranging from ostrich farms to flying cars.
We're a hard-working, tight-nit team of people who believe what we're doing is important. We're empathetic, towards each other and our customers. We value taking initiative, crazy ideas, and doing what's right.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.