- New York, NY, United States
- $120k - $150k
- 0.0% - 0.0%
- AWS Lambda
- Elastic Search
WGSN is looking for top technologists to join our software engineering team and help drive the future of our data and insight platform. You will be working with highly motivated and extremely talented engineers with quality, performance, and scale in mind at every step of the way. Our core belief is that the customers are our number one priority so we work hard to deliver value back to them with everything we do. We believe strongly in team ownership of systems, which includes defining the vision of the services to prioritization of projects.
- Contributing to all aspects of the services and applications under the team’s ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, unit tests, deployment, and uptime of the services.
- Helping other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring.
- Collaboration with others to develop best practices.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with MERN stack.
- Hands on development of RESTful web services.
- Experience in designing and implementing APIs and core services in Node.js on AWS
- Design and development of technical specifications to ensure quality, consistency, maintainability, scalability and security.
- Very strong knowledge of how the web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, etc)j
- Experience with MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving)
- Able to write clean, readable, maintainable and well-tested code.
- Familiarity with performance and debugging tools like Firebug, YSlow, Charles, Fiddler.
- Good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests and automated testing.
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build.
- Able to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related experience.
- Strong understanding of cross-browser / cross-platform issues
- Basic knowledge of a server-side scripting language (PHP, Perl, Ruby, PHP, C++, etc)
- Experience with React/Flux/ NuclearJS/Immutable.JS
- End-to-end testing automation frameworks (Nightwatch, Mocha, Chai, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Worked with Solr or ElasticSearch search engine platforms
WGSN defines what’s next so our clients can make smarter decisions today. Our global trend forecasters and data scientists obsessively decode the future to provide the authoritative view on tomorrow. With experts in every major continent we build locally sourced, globally relevant content including daily trend intelligence, retail analytics, consumer insights and bespoke consultancy services.
- AWS Lambda
- Elastic Search
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.