- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Elastic Search
We are looking for a Back End focused engineer to be a pivotal member of our engineering team. You will be working closely with product managers and developers who like to use lots of interesting technologies to develop core features used across the WhereTo platform. A great fit for this role is someone who is always intrigued by new technology and is constantly finding better ways to write beautiful, shareable, scalable and solid code.
- More than 4 years experience in a software development role
- Experience with building and architecting high quality software from scratch
- Strong understanding of asynchronous I/O
- Excellent software architecture skills and a passion for maintainable, organized code
- Experienced with AWS, EC3, S3, RDS, CloudFront/CDNs
- Expert with Linux, Ubuntu/Debian (BASH scripting a plus)
- Experience with CI platforms (Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis, etc)
- Experience with REST-based Web Service API implementation
- Experience with PostgreSQL/MySQL (or similar) and understanding of how they work internally
- Experience with Algorithms and Data Structures
- Experience with NoSQL databases is desirable (i.e MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience with memory cache systems (Redis, Memcached)
- Experience with other systems programming languages is a bonus (Go, C/C++, Rust, etc), and/or scripting languages (Python) and/or JVM-based languages (Scala, Java, Groovy)
- Experience with pure functional programming and/or functional programming libraries and concepts is a bonus (Haskell, Scala, F#, Ramda, Lo-Dash FP etc)
- Strong experience in designing and implementing highly horizontally-scalable architecture
- Strong understanding of Git fundamentals
WhereTo's SaaS technology empowers the business traveler or manager to get the best deal for their travels, enhances their booking experience, and incentivizes their business travel.
We've partnered with top Fortune 100 companies to solve their frustrations with traditional corporate booking tools by utilizing our proprietary algorithm to provide the most optimal choices of flights, hotels, and car rentals.
Whether you are a business traveler, travel management company, or internal travel manager, let WhereTo save you time and money on your travel bookings.
We do more with less. We love it when people go out of their way to make the product better.
- Elastic Search
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.