WorkOS

remote
26 - 50 Employees
< 10 Engineers
Private Funding
Series A

WorkOS provides APIs to make cloud apps enterprise-ready. Our goal is to lower the barrier to enterprise features. This enables developers to unlock more users and revenue, which in turn accelerates the growth and sustainability of their businesses. Our mission is to catalyze a new era of workplace tools.

We have ambitious goals far beyond just APIs, and we are looking for talented people to join us.

Active Roles

Why join us?

  • WorkOS is already powering enterprise features for Webflow, Hopin, Vercel and over a hundred other apps.

  • We're well funded from top investors, including Lightspeed, Audacious Ventures, and Lachy Groom (early Stripe), Nat Friedman, Elad Gil, Scott Belsky, etc.

  • We're an engineering-led company, built by developers for developers. Our CEO previously founded Nylas and is an engineer from MIT.


Engineering at WorkOS

Engineering team and processes

We are a small, nimble, fully-distributed team based in North and South America. We live in Slack, Zoom, Linear, GitHub, and Quip, and rarely work nights or weekends. We care deeply about building tools and perfecting the developer experience. We ship code every day.

Engineering is divided into squads that change periodically based on need. Our engineering team scopes projects and drives product development.

Technical Challenges

Every startup selling to businesses has had to build their own implementation of single sign on, company directory sync for provisioning and de—provisioning of users, or audit logs with hundreds of thousands of events. There are multiple competing identity providers that present their own flavor of a standard.

We strive to create beautiful, insanely fast APIs that encapsulate all of this complexity for the developers building on WorkOS.

We’re also aiming to create beautifully designed tools for developers and administrators to configure and debug their applications.

Tech stack
TypeScript
PostgreSQL
React
JavaScript

Working at WorkOS

We are a small, nimble, fully-distributed team based in North and South America. We live in Slack, Zoom, Linear and Notion, and rarely work nights or weekends. We care deeply about building tools and perfecting the developer experience. We ship code every day.

Our team values trust, empowerment, empathy, curiosity, velocity, and intellectual rigor.

Diversity and Inclusion

We're a small team, and we're prioritizing building a diverse team early. We're dedicating half of our sourcing efforts to looking for candidates from underrepresented backgrounds.

Perks & benefits
  • Generous Vacation

    20 days PTO + 10 company holidays + unlimited sick time

  • Gym/Fitness

    We offer a monthly $100 fitness benefit.

  • Work from Home

    We're a fully remote company.

  • Health Insurance

    Medical insurance is provided in the US via Aetna. The company covers 90% of the premiums of the base plan for employees and dependents and the employee pays the other 10%.

    Employees have the option of opting for a more expensive plan and paying the difference.

  • 401(k) Contribution

    We offer a 401(k) with a 3% match.

  • Pet Friendly
  • Prioritizes diversity in hiring

    We are using additional recruiters that are dedicated to ensuring we have a diverse candidate pool.

  • Other

    We provide a monthly $100 wellness benefit.


Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.

Apply