Senior Software Engineer - Backend
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- $160k - $195k
- 0.01% - 0.05%
At WorkSpan we believe in providing our customers with the best possible product and experience. We spread user love - and you will play a crucial role in that process. As an Engineering team member, you will work closely with Product Architects, Product Managers and Engineering teams to solution and develop features for our users. You will develop new software, APIs and data models, create flexible, reusable software components that help us build functionality quickly and easily. If you are looking for a place where you are encouraged to provide feedback, challenged to do your best work and have an amazing team to support you - WorkSpan is the place to be. Our leadership team is dedicated to mentoring and helping you achieve your goals, so you can span all borders on delivering awesomeness.
Join our growing team of Engineering experts today!
As our Backend Engineer you will:
- Build efficient, scalable, reusable back-end services and RESTful APIs to power our Web and Mobile applications
- Develop and maintain code quality standards and best practices.
- Enforce standards through regular code reviews.
- Write and maintain internal tools to help increase developer efficiency and effectiveness.
- Analyze and improve performance by utilizing data to oversee product and user engagement (e.g. volumes and activity, key demographics & trends, etc.) and bring to light areas for improvement.
- Prepare and declare recommendations, reports, and findings from experimental data all the way up to the executive level.
- Deliver Awesomeness :)
Skills and Qualifications we are looking for:
- Deep knowledge in web application development (i.e., prior experience in building large scale web applications)
- Expertise in web application performance tuning
- Experience maintaining large and growing codebases in a fast-paced environment is a plus.
- Interest in being up-to-date with the latest and evolving cloud technologies.
- Deep understanding of server-side programming languages such as Python / Java / C#.
- 7+ years of Engineering experience
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science
What We Do and Value:
- WorkSpan is the first-ever Ecosystem Cloud. Ecosystem Cloud is an online platform where companies are working together to build-with, market-with, and sell-with all of their ecosystem partners on a single, secure, connected network
- The working atmosphere at WorkSpan is positive and collaborative.
- We share information openly and broadly because we believe the best way to empower each other is to actively build trust with transparent, honest, and free-flowing communication.
- We are flexible in our opinions and always open to new ideas.
- We innovate continuously, with a focus on long-term success.
- WorkSpan is an equal opportunity employer. We know it takes people with different ideas, strengths, backgrounds, cultures, weaknesses, opinions, and interests to make our company succeed. We celebrate our differences and are lucky to have teammates all over the world.
Perks to make you perky:
We love to show our teammates that we care deeply about them and their well-being. In addition to our amazing culture, as our teammate you will also enjoy some phenomenal perks and benefits:
- The fun, growing, casual and inclusive work environment
- Unlimited vacation - because work-life balance is important
- Research days - get carried away and spend one working day in a month doing research on anything that fascinates you
- Career growth opportunity in a fast-growing company - we want you to evolve towards your best self
- Unlimited snacks and catered lunch - every day
- Gym access - to burn some of those calories :)
- 401K (no matching)
- Commuter Benefit
- Not feeling like coming to the office today - no problem, see you on Slack
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits for you and dependents - we’ve got you covered
- Game nights and Thirsty Thursdays, Birthday celebrations, Trivia days - we do a ton of fun things together
WorkSpan has completely reimagined how companies go to market together. For the first time, with the WorkSpan Ecosystem Cloud, alliance and ecosystem leaders are finally able to build-with, market-with & sell-with their ecosystem partners in a single, secure, cloud-based network to grow business & abundance together.
There is a unique and indispensable spirit behind WorkSpan. It carries onto who we are, how we work with our customers and our beliefs. At WorkSpan, we believe in creating an environment that nurtures innovation, explores ideas and embraces diversity.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.