- San Francisco
Yelp is the richest source of local data in the world, and we get to build all that content into location-aware mobile apps. With average build times under a minute, full Kotlin adoption and a state-of-the-art architecture, the Yelp Android team thrives by staying ahead of the curve of the demanding Android world. Be creative, build prototypes, experiment, and ship them to millions of users. Come take our Yelp Android experience to the next level.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity, and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
What You Will Do:
• Build new features in Kotlin on top of modern open source foundations (RxJava2, Retrofit, Glide, Koin, etc.).
• Iterate quickly (weekly release cycle, Multi-Module build) on existing functionality to reliably give our users a smooth experience.
• Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
• Be a key part of the larger Android developer community at Yelp.
We Are Looking For:
• Insistence on a consistent and responsive user experience.
• Eagerness to embrace challenges with scalability, reliability, and performance.
• A passion for Yelp and its mission to connect people with great local businesses.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed over 100 million reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. Our business revolves around the connections made between the consumers who read and write reviews and the local businesses that they describe. Yelp was founded in San Francisco in July 2004.
Our culture is very much focused on collaboration and mentorship. We ensure that everyone gets support and the opportunity to grow their career within Yelp. We have several Employee Resource Groups at Yelp that encourage Diversity and Inclusion and offer opportunities to grow your skill sets both personally and professionally thanks to programming focussed around mentoring, public speaking, allyship etc. Yelp cares truly about our community and you can see that naturally reflected in our culture.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.