Senior Software Engineer (Founding Team)
Zed Financial, Inc.
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $150k - $200k
- 0.5% - 2.0%
- Functional languages
We are a rapidly growing team that's looking for senior engineers (potentially a Technical Lead) to join us as we bring Zed to market. You will be responsible for ensuring that we're building a scalable, performant foundation for future growth in our beta and beyond. You'll work closely with the two founders and our engineering team. You'll be largely responsible for the technical direction of the product, working directly on core banking and payments infrastructure in order to make certain financial products more accessible, extensible and more cost-efficient to service.
Ideally, you have start-up and fintech experience, and are passionate about using technology to solve structural problems in financial services. We want to work with a changemaker who can work efficiently, collaboratively, and independently — and have fun while doing it!
Role & Responsibilities
- Drive the direction of the product technically. You'll be responsible for understanding the current codebase & infrastructure, evaluating it, and revising our direction if needed.
- Hands on enough that you are regularly contributing code. You'll be looked at as the most senior engineer on the team, making architecture decisions, managing technical debt, helping teammates debug issues
- During the Beta, your primary responsibility will be iterating on several features and working closely with early users to incorporate feedback.
- Your input will help shape our product roadmap as we bring customers onboard and scale our infrastructure.
- As the company scales, you will help to expand the team, including vetting potential candidates and conducting technical screenings.
We're looking for someone who
- Has 5+ years of experience writing high quality code in a programming language (e.g., Python, Ruby, Erlang, Go, JS)
- Has architected, designed, and developed complex systems across both the database/model and API layers
- Likes thinking about and managing systems – their life cycle, edge cases, performance/profiling, resiliency, failure modes
- Is interested in functional programming and distributed systems, but can evaluate and articulate the tradeoffs at various stages
Massive plus but not required
- Experience designing and building a ledger (i.e system of record) or loan servicing products at a fintech, all accessible via a RESTful API
- Experience interacting with the card networks APIs (Visa/Mastercard) or 3rd party card processors
This role will offer generous, seed-stage equity AND market series A/B+ cash compensation. We provide health benefits and we're remote-first, but will have an office based in the Bay Area to provide a home base. Once it's safe to travel again, we'll also be offering opportunities to spend time working out of our launch markets (i.e. Southeast Asia), so that all team members are able to get to know our target users (and as a bonus, enjoy the many fun things to do in the region 😎 )
About Zed Financial, Inc.
Zed is a challenger bank that’s helping young professionals in emerging markets access credit responsibly and build habits for long-term financial success. This is an exciting opportunity to join an early stage team on a mission to fix a broken, trillion dollar banking system that has shut out the world's youngest and fastest growing consumer classes.
We are currently pre-launch with a planned Beta later this year.
Our team is uniquely built to solve this problem. We are Stanford engineers and former YC founders that have spent our careers in banking, private equity and at hyper-growth startups (Facebook, Stripe, Square, Box), and previously built and exited a fast-growing B2B payments company (Symple YC W'17). We are working closely with regulators and have a multi-generation history in the banking industry in the countries that we plan on launching in.
We just raised a large seed round led by Valar (Peter Thiel) with Kunal Shah (Cred), Immad Akhund (Mercury), Doug Scherrer (Nubank), Dalton Caldwell (Y Combinator), Nafis Jamal (MoPub), Fathom Capital, Redo Ventures and others participating.
Our founding team will be core to shaping our culture. Everyone will have outsized ownership and impact as we build towards launch later this year.
We're assembling a team of exceptionally talented doers who work hard but efficiently and work well together because they are empathetic and collaborative. Building a 0-1 product can be intense and challenging, but we will ensure it is also incredibly fun, exciting and rewarding for every member of our team.
- Functional languages
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.