We are building the YouTube for podcasts
Why join us?
- Your favorite podcast probably records with us
- Fully distributed team. No HQ just happy coders across the world. We are remote 100% and staying that way
- Currently have 8-10% of the active podcast creator market on our platform
- 100% YoY Revenue growth
- Former TikTok early employee + Techstars employee as founders. Early engineers from Viber, Lyft, TikTok on the team.
- Machine learning projects on a massive audio data set
- Hardcore audio experience on the team: 2 PhD’s, 6 Masters Degrees in AI.
- AI + Audio ftw
- 3 years Profitable as company + we recently closed a round of growth funding. https://techcrunch.com/2021/02/16/zencastr-raises-4-6m-as-its-video-offering-goes-live-for-all/ Team is growing quickly and there is a lot of opportunity for career growth and working on multiple cool projects.
- Multimillion dollar revenue
- Audio space is growing more than 100% year over year
Engineering at Zencastr
We are an agile shop. We subscribe to the 4 tenants of agile. Daily standups, sprint retrospectives, sprint plannings, and backlog groomings. We run 2 week sprints and push code at the end of the sprint. We use github actions for CI jasmine for unit tests, and are looking to add integration tests with enzyme. We are a fuly distributed team so there is a lot of async time to just hack on some code without being inundated with meetings.
We are only available on chrome at the moment so we get to use all of the latest and greatest browser api's. We also have a machine learning team and DSP engineers working on tough AI/Audio problems using one of the largest audio datasets in the world. We have a client side recording pipeline that interfaces with WASM to record audio + video.
Editing audio and video via the browser. Remote video recording in the browser. Using WebRTC, WebAudio, WASM, WebGL and other cutting edge browser apis to build some next level creator tools.
Working at Zencastr
We found that we work well with people who love what they do and want to help creators. We are a bunch of music/audio nerds who believe we can change the world and fix some big problems in media. This app was launched from a jungle in Thailand so we could keep cost low and offer this service for free to users because we just wanted to help creators. This passion continues throughout the company today.
3 weeks PTO
We give our employees a monthly fitness reimbursement
Work from anywhere between UTC+4 (Los Angeles) and UTC - 7 (Russia). We care about your output not your location.
Cant wait to have our first one once covid is over
We help pay for continuing education
We provide medical for those who live in non universal healthcare countries
My dog therman merman, likes to jump in my lap during every all hands. We love our pets here.
We typically overlap 4-5 hours for communication per day. The rest of the time is async work
We game weekly as a team. We are currently playing
Among Us. I AM NOT THE IMPOSTER.
Work from Home
We work from anywhere. always.
Let us know what else you need to do your best work.
Prioritizes diversity in hiring
Dedicated Human Resources team
Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.