Empower the voices of the world @ Zencastr. If you want to push the world of podcasting into the future, come join a team that loves to live on the edge! We are a fully distributed team of smart people who are passionate about changing the world one voice at a time.
Who you are
- You are ambitious. You might want to build your own company one day or have tried to tackle the toughest tech problems just for fun.
- You have a good understanding of computer science fundamentals. You might not have gone to school for it, but you know the difference between heap and stack, different time complexities, and which patterns to use, and when
- You have an eye for performance. Whether thinking about the latest client-side bundling techniques or which CSS properties are GPU accelerated, you want things to be fast
- You want to work in a fast-growing startup. This means doing some of the not-so-fun stuff like working with the team to debug and solve production issues, even outside of business hours when needed
- You have empathy. For the people who use the product you write, for the people who you code alongside, you are thinking about how your work can best impact other people
What you can expect:
- Work on the latest browser API's and utilize cutting edge technologies like WASM, WebGL, and WebAudio
- Work with world-class engineers, Ph.D.’s, and designers in a fully distributed team
- Equity commensurate to your contribution in a profitable company
- Health insurance
- Unique challenges and the support and talent to solve them
- 4 weeks PTO
- Freedom to work where you please
- Demonstrable knowledge of building the client of scalable, consumer-based apps
- CSS architecture and experience with CSS preprocessors like SASS/LESS/etc
- Eye for design implementation
Bonus points if you have: Experiencing working in high traffic, low latency applications, WebGL, Audio, WASM
We are building the YouTube for podcasts
We found that we work well with people who love what they do and want to help creators. We are a bunch of music/audio nerds who believe we can change the world and fix some big problems in media. This app was launched from a jungle in Thailand so we could keep cost low and offer this service for free to users because we just wanted to help creators. This passion continues throughout the company today.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.