- San Francisco
As an early member of our engineering team, you’ll have a direct impact on the success of Zero by building out our core foundations. Dealing with distributed systems, financial transactions, security, computer vision, and machine learning means your job will be as exciting as it is fulfilling.
- Working with stakeholders inside and outside of Zero to define problems and codify requirements.
- Design and implement software, in constant collaboration with the rest of Zero's engineering team.
- Build systems that perform, scale, can't be compromised, and manage themselves using DevOps.
- Being passionate about building the best financial services out there.
- Performing banking operations with reliability, speed, scalability, and security
- Determining customer eligibility and preventing fraud
- Predicting customers' future balances based on past income, expenses and spending trends
- Neverending threat analysis for attempted intrusion breaches as well as fraudsters
- Computer Science degree (or equivalent), or certification in relevant backend-related technologies
- Excellence in programming, including mastery of at least one object-oriented language and its ecosystem and of object-oriented principles and patterns (there's Python and Java here, and there may be more), as well as comfort with other paradigms
- Solid knowledge of the technological fundamentals of developing applications for the Internet, including Unix/Linux, relational databases, HTTP and REST
- Fluent in extreme programming practices and agile development, ruthless in testing, and eager to deliver as early and often as possible
- Experience building distributed systems and working in a microservice-oriented infrastructure
- Enthusiastic collaborator and clear and precise communicator in speech and writing inside and outside of Engineering
- A track record of successful, substantial projects
- Technical experience related to credit cards, banking or other areas of FinTech.
- Expertise in information security
- Facility with front-end web development
- Experience with AWS, GCE, Docker, Kubernetes, and DevOps (automation-centric systems administration)
- We pay 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums
- We’ll provide whatever equipment you need to succeed
- Lunch and breakfast expenses paid
- Standing desks for everyone
- A beautiful office with a large kitchen filled with a variety of drinks, coffee, snacks, and breakfast sandwiches
Zero is a financial services company that provides an elegant, mobile-first, modern banking experience. We combine the simplicity of a debit card with the rewards and benefits of a credit card.
We're looking for someone who shares our love of craftsmanship and our passion for improving banking for everyone.
We value making great things, together. Anyone is in the position to suggest an idea or making a prototype. Great product design and engineering has to start at working together.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.