Sr. Infrastructure / DevOps Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $140k - $180k
- 0.010% - 0.015%
- Ruby on Rails
Infrastructure is the backbone of our Engineering team. It enables us to iterate quickly and ship code with confidence. Our team is responsible for maintaining the successful operation of our technology at every step of its lifecycle. We ensure that our software is developed efficiently, tested automatically, deployed continuously, hosted reliably, and monitored diligently.
What You'll Do
- Improve developer efficiency by working closely with engineering teams. You will assist in triaging bugs, eliminating development bottlenecks, and educating engineers on how to interact with our stack.
- Design, construct, and maintain CI/CD automations to test, build, and deploy software. You are responsible for how your team releases code into production.
- Leverage infrastructure-as-code practices to develop, architect, and maintain software services in the cloud. You are the go-to person for system design changes as the service evolves.
- Provide application insights to engineers to ensure site reliability and speed, to monitor and alert for issues, and to log and understand system behaviors. You are on-call for the services you team owns.
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of experience in a previous role as a software engineer.
- 3+ years of experience in a previous role as part of an Infrastructure or DevOps team.
- 1+ years of experience with Docker and containerized applications.
- 1+ years of experience with Kubernetes and container orchestration tools.
- Experience with a major Cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience with common monitoring tools (Grafana, Prometheus, New Relic, Kibana, etc).
- Experience working with different programming languages (Python and Ruby preferred).
- You are reliable and trustworthy. We will be putting a lot of faith in you to make the right decisions to keep our services running smoothly. You will be on-call at certain times and must be able to respond if there is a problem.
- You are detail-oriented and self-driven. We will expect you to decide what is best for our services and carry out the work to improve them. You must pay close attention to detail in what is happening in the broader engineering organization to make sure features and shipped reliably and that services remain stable.
At Zeus Living, we believe housing shouldn’t constrain how, where, and when you want to live. At the center of everything we do are our people—our customers, partners, and the Zeus team. That’s what our founders knew when they started Zeus Living in 2015, setting out to make renting a home easier. The goal then—and now—is to create a new, modern mode of housing, making it easy to live well—reliably, safely, comfortably, even stylishly—wherever, whenever.
We’ve grown and learned a great deal since we started. Today we’re a hardworking team of creators, problem-solvers, and strategists committed to our vision and values. Based in San Francisco and backed by Airbnb, Comcast, Bowery, and Initialized Capital, we’ve raised $90M in funding.
We put a lot of thought and care into maintaining that culture and here are some of our values:
1) Fast-paced environment - we work in small teams that are constantly pushing new features and iterating. This allows us to learn and improve at high speed.
2) Collaboration - we are unique in that we have a heavy operations aspect to our company. This requires working with many types of people from operations, product, design and engineering.
3) Honesty - we strive for open and transparent communication within our team and with our customers. Being vulnerable is the first step toward building trusting and productive relationships.
Read more about our culture here: https://zeusliving.com/careers
Read more about our engineering here: https://zeusliving.com/engineering
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.