- Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
- Saint George, UT, United States
- Spring Boot
The Senior Data Scientist position at Zonos combines customer-facing and business-facing projects, starting with exploratory analysis and conversations with stakeholders and finishing with REST API services available for commercial products and internal reporting. The data scientist matures our machine learning pipelines, using technologies like Airflow, Great Expectations, feature stores, and various monitoring tools to continuously deploy and improve the use of our data services. The data scientist also organizes our data work in a data lab, where we can simplify code and model re-use but also approach questions with our own creativity and insight.
What you will do...
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
You could be a strong addition to the team if you...
- Want to live in sunny St George and enjoy a healthy work-life balance;
- Possess strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development;
- Have experience using statistical computer languages (Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Are experienced working with and creating data architectures.
- Are knowledgable in
- A variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Have 5+ years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- Earned a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and are familiar with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers and other external sources.
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life - we pay 100% of the employee premium!
- Paid leave for maternity, paternity, and other life events
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k retirement plan with generous company match
- Unlimited paid time off - we require all our Zonuts to take a minimum of 2 weeks off per year. Take some time to relax!
- All of the office snacks and drinks you could possibly consume
- Weekly company lunch
Life at Zonos
Welcome to Southern Utah where the sun is shining 255 days out of the year, palm trees are swaying in the breeze, and adventure and exploration await! Neighboring the stunning Zion National Park, Southern Utah is known for its outdoor recreation. Explore endless options for biking and hiking trails all over town, enjoy watersports, boating, and fishing at Sand Hollow State Park, and when you need to get away, we are only a short hour and a half drive to the entertainment and fun of Las Vegas.
As a Zonut you’ll be able to take in the gorgeous view of St. George from Tech Ridge, a rapidly growing epicenter for tech, retail, and dining here in Southern Utah. As an organization, we are always striving to be a great company, not just a big company. We are constantly cultivating an environment of collaboration and teamwork, where our API’s and core values are the living, breathing heartbeat of everything we do.
Here at Zonos we are committed to cultivating a team of ambitious and innovative people who are hungry and willing to stretch and grow. International trade is complicated and working at a growing cloud technology company is hard, but we are here to support your learning and development. For these reasons, if you are uncertain about applying, we encourage you to do so even if your experience doesn't exactly match the job description. We welcome diverse perspectives from people who think outside the box and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Come join us!
Learn more about Zonos, our mission, and the type of company we are building.
Zonos combines technology and expertise to simplify the complexities of cross-border trade, making global commerce accessible to everyone.
People at Zonos are given the opportunity to become the best version of themselves. We take our job seriously, without taking ourselves too seriously.
- Spring Boot
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.